• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space 2 review - 92% in PSM3

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The brave souls at PSM3 have managed to steady their trembling hands long enough to play through Visceral Games' frightfest Dead Space 2 - and have given the action horror a glowing 92 percent review score.

According to PSM3's mammoth six-page write-up, the stars of Dead Space 2 are once again the Necromorphs, which "are even more horrific than the first time around".

The petrifying creatures of Dead Space 2 move "superbly, twisting exposed tendrils away just as you line up, barrelling forward with arms tucked away".

The mag warns "if there is any situation with Necromorphs you fear, don't buy Dead Space 2, because it puts you in all of them".

The title's masterful pacing comes in for particular praise, as it moves protagonist Isaac "from scenario to scenario quickly and with a minimum of downtime".

Critic Richard Stanton concludes by calling Dead Space 2 a "beautiful... relentless beast" and a "considerable achievement" that understands how hard-to-please Dead Space fans play - "what they look for, listen to and, most of all, what they expect".

Dead Space 2 is released on 360, PS3 and PC on January 25 in the US and three days later in Europe.

Check out PSM3 issue 136 for the full six-page single-player and multiplayer review as well as previews of SSX Deadly Descent, Batman: Arkham City, Killzone 3, L.A Noire, BioShock Infinite and more.

Order it here and have it delivered straight to your door.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=282536

Damn. It is even scarier than the first game? Played the demo, and I am extremely impressed on how the game has improved since the first game (not to mention it is damn scary).

Can't wait for the full release. :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im impressed, i heard how good the original game was and it seemed to come out of nowhere with little hype about it. Then came huge praise and i wondered if they could match/better it and it seems they have so well done to them.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;296122 said:
Im impressed, i heard how good the original game was and it seemed to come out of nowhere with little hype about it. Then came huge praise and i wondered if they could match/better it and it seems they have so well done to them.

Not planning to get it, Dark Drakan? You may like the game. ^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;296123 said:
Not planning to get it, Dark Drakan? You may like the game. ^_^

Got enough games to keep me occupied for now but who knows in the future. Not normally a big Survival Horror fan as they often feel clunky, slow and stiffly animated and are usually rather predictable but this one seems to stand out as i like the sci-fi horror as its different. Reminds me of the old AVP days on the PC when the original came out, granted it wasnt a survival horror but it had aspects of it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This game is much faster paced than any other SV game you've ever played.

It's like... A good version of RE5.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Storm Silves;296172 said:
This game is much faster paced than any other SV game you've ever played.

It's like... A good version of RE5.

10 Times better than RE5, due to how more scary the game is. :D

Top Bottom