• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darksiders 3

Who would you want playable for Darksiders 3 after War & Death?

• Strife

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Fury

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If only both Strife & Fury were playable together. One chapter involving Strife, another one for Fury and the last chapter they fight together.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If Strife was playable, what if he has a dark side?

White rider - Strife (Conquest)
Dark side: Green rider - Pestilence

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Since Strife is Conquest/Pestilence & Fury is Famine, what would their stories be?

War was about regaining his honor and redemption. Even revenge.

Death was about saving his brother War. He is a reaper of souls and a slayer of kin (the nephilim).

Here's how I see it:
Strife is about Conquest. Since he has an attitude problem, that would give rise to an alter ego named Plague (or Pestilence). He is the "Raphael" of the bunch.

Fury is about Famine. Have no idea how.

But what I want is Strife & Fury to team-up.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Strife should be next, with War being able to use Death's scythe in Darksiders 1 followed by Death being the protagonist of 2, I feel like it would make sense using Strife's weapon in 2 to foreshadow him being the next protagonist.

Last edited:

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
i want to see both of them. actually all four of them together
by the title i thought darksiders 3 has been teased or something at gamescom.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Hope so, but i kinda doubt it, since main art director isn't on board anymore..

It's actually not in the works presently, but they do have plans to make it now that they've released the Darksiders II remaster.

(They're also considering remastering the first game, though it would be weird to do it after remastering the second lol)

And they don't need the main art director to continue the franchise. :/

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Having both riders wouldn't be so bad. And in the next game, all 4 horsemen will be together in DS4!

Strife should be about his struggle with his attitude. It'll give rise to a twisted side of him named Plague (after Pestilence).

Fury would be about her fighting Lilith.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I thought about seeing strife and fury in the game trying to escalate the demon - angel conflict from behind the scenes as a way of avenging their brother.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i only want it to be made and with a more realistic visual style instead of comical.. just thought it'll suit the game more

Erian1Mortal

Premium
If there is a third game, I do hope that they stay true to the first one a bit more.
What I'd like to see carried over from DS2 is the Armor system, just weapons should stay like DS1.
Well since the Remaster of DS2 is made by mostly Vigil Studios members who worked on previeous titles, I wouldn't doubt that a DS3 gets good.

i only want it to be made and with a more realistic visual style instead of comical.. just thought it'll suit the game more

That would be the death (no pun intended) of the franchise to me. Joe Mads artstyle was what has drawn a lot of people towards the game and is what (in my opinion) makes it a) stand out on the market and b) let's it age way better. I can look at DS1 and still think it's beautiful, while most games that go the more "realistic" route quite aged after a year or two.

Keep in mind, it's only my opinion.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
If there is a third game, I do hope that they stay true to the first one a bit more.
What I'd like to see carried over from DS2 is the Armor system, just weapons should stay like DS1.
Well since the Remaster of DS2 is made by mostly Vigil Studios members who worked on previeous titles, I wouldn't doubt that a DS3 gets good.

That would be the death (no pun intended) of the franchise to me. Joe Mads artstyle was what has drawn a lot of people towards the game and is what (in my opinion) makes it a) stand out on the market and b) let's it age way better. I can look at DS1 and still think it's beautiful, while most games that go the more "realistic" route quite aged after a year or two.

Keep in mind, it's only my opinion.

joe madureira made the design? wow, didn't know that.. and no worries, what i said is also an opinion, it was already great the way it was, i just thought that with a realistic visuals i could more feel the world and what happened there, like when i fought a boss i would be overwhelmed with the looks, and fret by that only.. it's just me tho, i just get more attached and immersed with realistic visuals..

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Strife lost one of his guns and Death has it. So Strife could make a substitute gun and wield a bladed bow.

Top Bottom