• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dantu

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Shadow: This story is dedicated to you. I thought you'd like some cheering up; noticed your post in the ranting thinking thread. And, well, this might boost your Halloween spirit. Ooooo, I said 'spirit'...like, evil spirit...Ooooo, it's scary! You're meant to find it scary - you're not finding it scary, are you? - Okay, on with the show then. You'll find that the story for now is mostly serious, but in my usual fashion I'll be adding in some comedy. So the story will start getting more and more ridiculous, and hopefully funny (with those brief moments of seriousness, and spookiness). Hope you enjoy =)

------------------------------------

There was something indescribable about the way the atmosphere felt that night. Whether the chills were naturally being developed because it was Halloween, or whether it was the way in which the street lights continued to flicker on and off outside of an old antique shop, it was hard to tell.

But this wasn't just any ordinary antique store; it was different from the other stores set along the same street. It had its own hidden agenda, its own secret motive, one in which it covered up quite delicately so that nobody's suspicions were aroused to the true goings on.

Inside this old dust-riddled, almost completely rundown shop, a seemingly normal man dwells within the confides of the establishment; the shop itself so inefficiently maintained, it looks incidentally rather antique itself.

However, this isn't your typical shopkeeper that works here. Not unless your 'typical' shopkeeper happens to carry a large sword around with him, on occasion, and dual wielded customised handguns.

An order for a large pepperoni pizza was placed, and all that was left to do now was to wait for it to arrive. But that would take some time, and the boredom was already kicking in, so he called up a friend and invited him over. The company would do the world of good, he thought.

It didn't take long until there was a knock on the door, which was swiftly answered to. "Come in Nero, take a seat", he said, warmly welcoming his friend, who did just that.

"Thanks. You know, since it's Halloween, I brought a film that we can watch. Thought it'd be fun", Nero said, revealing a tape that had been tucked into his large inside coat pocket. "Are you in the Halloween spirit, Dante?", he asked.

"Sure, absolutely. I've ordered some food, it shouldn't take long to get here. Make yourself comfy", Dante said, and he gestured toward a sofa that was placed up against the wall nearby.

"It's going to have to be a pretty scary film to creep us out", Nero laughed.

"Well, considering the line of business we're in, I'd say there's nothing scarier than what we do", Dante retorted.

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. Dante stood up, turned to face towards the door, and then walked over and opened it to greet the pizza delivery guy. A short fumble around in his pocket, followed by pulling out a twenty dollar bill, and the pizza was paid for and ready to be demolished.

"Hope you're hungry", Dante said, with half of a slice in his mouth already. Nero helped himself to some of the food, when he had the opportunity to.

"So, what movie did you bring?", Dante asked, curiously.

"Wait and see", Nero responded, turning on the video player.

The film began, rather differently to how Nero had remembered it in the past. "What is this?", Dante said, confused. Nero looked clueless himself, as the two kept on watching until the tape ended.

"Nero?".

Then, at that moment, the phone rang. Dante, who was surprised that he might have a job to deal with, happily picked up the phone, completely unaware of what he was about to hear. It was the voice of a little girl, and she only said one thing..."Seven days"....

Before he could say something back, anything at all, the line went dead. "Who was it?", Nero wondered.

"I've got no idea. Probably just a wrong number" Dante said, dismissing it as anything to be taken serious.

-----------------------------------

The next day, Nero showed up outside of Dante's shop, hammering away at the door. Dante, who wasn't fully dressed, clambered out of bed and chucked something on before opening up the shop.

"What do you want, man? You're banging away on my door like that. C'mon, what's up with that?", Dante angrily yelled at Nero.

"I've messed up big, Dante", Nero sobbed.

"Get ahold of yourself, dude. What are you blabbering on about?".

"That tape we watched together last night. It's cursed", Nero attempted to explain.

"When you watch it, you receive a phone call, and she tells you that you've got seven days to live", Nero continues on.

"So, how do we break the curse?", Dante replies, rather worriedly.

"How do I know?", Nero unhelpfully responds.

Top Bottom