• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's shop

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Now i may have missed something but has anyone ever wondered what Dante's shop actually sells, now i know that if a customer has the password blah blah... but what if they dont, does he just ignore them? i like to imagine he offers dating advice over the phone and fashion tips in shop i would so go there! get me some red leather chaps :cool:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's a good question, I think he sends them away, he did that in DMC3 and the Anime. Nice sig! You gotta love the Sons of King Cold! ^_^

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
SpawnShooter;300306 said:
Now i may have missed something but has anyone ever wondered what Dante's shop actually sells, now i know that if a customer has the password blah blah... but what if they dont, does he just ignore them? i like to imagine he offers dating advice over the phone and fashion tips in shop i would so go there! get me some red leather chaps :cool:

Dante sells his services as a Devil Hunter, but i'm sure if you showed up and asked him for fashon tips he'd tell you. Dante is probably not the right person to ask for dating advice. most heroes get a girl after the first time they save the world. Nero needed Dante's help and still has Kyrie. but Dante has saved the world mutiple times with minimal help and is still single.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
He sells demon-killing services. That's about it by the looks of it.

He might as well call it his 'office' instead of his shop.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Y'know, with the fanfics I've done with Devil May Cry, I made it so his hunting business was on a second floor above where there's a bar down below and that's how he makes his money, but that's just me.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
But.......what if the customer doesnt have the password and its an ultra, super, evil, strong demon and theyre about to become its dinner??? Would he still ignore them???

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yea, thts exactly wat I was thinking!! So then wats the point of him having a password, if either way he wont turn the customer away?? Thts confusing @.@

Well what was the point in Dante having a double-sided coin? There was no point. But that's just him for you. I think those who know the password are people he trusts more. Perhaps the password acts as a way of ensuring that Dante has a job from someone he knows and can trust, someone that would know the password. But those who don't have the password could just be trying to lure him into some form of ambush or something, so he would be more cautious.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Well what was the point in Dante having a double-sided coin? There was no point. But that's just him for you. I think those who know the password are people he trusts more. Perhaps the password acts as a way of ensuring that Dante has a job from someone he knows and can trust, someone that would know the password. But those who don't have the password could just be trying to lure him into some form of ambush or something, so he would be more cautious.

Hmm, thts a really good point :0 Just sometimes there can be so many plot holes in this series xDD

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i think his shop is for freelance. I mean it doesnt look too inviting when u walk in, expect for the pool table and old school jukbox. Maybe when regular people call him he just denies them and waits for "special orders" The password and coin thing were just different ways to accept jobs and i think they could of done without both of them.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
he gets stabbed with a sword in every game, the guy doesnt fear death and in dmc2 he walked straight into hell.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Question: has Dante ever referred to Devil May Cry as his shop?
Aside from the one time in DMC3 where he says 'you guys totally wrecked my shop'. At that point he wasn't open for business yet, hadn't named the place yet, and so he was probably still figuring out what the hell he was going to do with his place to make money.
Is there ever any other time he refers to DMC as his 'shop'?

Top Bottom