• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's New Voice-Actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

Any guesses as to who is Dante's new VA? Reuben sadly confirmed on Facebook that he isn't voicing Dante this time around, though he's supporting the game and hopes to voice Dante again in a future game. I talked with a friend of mine about it and she said she thinks the new Dante sounded a bit like Crispin Freeman. I can sorta hear it too, but neither of us are too confident on that. :lol:

Any guesses?

Tekken Force

Reminded me of every smoker voiced hero I can remember. Sam Fisher, Solid Snake, etc. (Ironside, Hayter). No idea who this one is though.

Rage

It's not Reuban which immedietly makes it completelt fail >___<

(least he voices the real dante in mvc3 ; ;)

VirgilTheart

Rage;275608 said:
It's not Reuban which immedietly makes it completelt fail >___<

(least he voices the real dante in mvc3 ; ;)

I'm sad Reuben isn't voicing Dante either, but he's liking the look of the new game and is hopeful that the game turns out good.

(He also stated he wanted there to be a DMC/Bayonetta cross-over where he could voice Dante again)

@TekkenForce: I've heard both voices, but not in a long time. :lol: I'll need to look 'em up and compare. :)

Rage

i've seen a buncha twitters from hideki kamiya (original director of dmc1 & bayonetta) stating an interest in doing a new dmc game (these have been prominent since the disaster that is dmc released)

I'm at least a liiiiiiiiittle hopeful for a crossover game (which could make the universe explode in pure awesomeness)

oh and quick shout out to johny young bosch and his Nero which he did an A+++ job on (charecter would've sucked without him) doubley upset he won't be retuning either >__<

VirgilTheart

Rage;275623 said:
i've seen a buncha twitters from hideki kamiya (original director of dmc1 & bayonetta) stating an interest in doing a new dmc game (these have been prominent since the disaster that is dmc released)

I'm at least a liiiiiiiiittle hopeful for a crossover game (which could make the universe explode in pure awesomeness)

oh and quick shout out to johny young bosch and his Nero which he did an A+++ job on (charecter would've sucked without him) doubley upset he won't be retuning either >__<

Nothing personal, but I can't shake off the slight feeling that Kamiya has been cashing in a bit on the controversy and rage against DmC. I mean, I'm sure he's peeved at how Ninja Theory and Capcom have completely altered HIS character (as he should be), but some of the statements he's given out have seem to be milking it out. "I've been sad since Dante left me." for instance. Technically he left Dante.

Granted, I'd love to see him take part in a future DMC game, but I'm not so certain as to how honest he's being. He works for a different company now; it'd be difficult I imagine for him to be legally able to work on a new DMC game.

Yeah, Johnny Yong Bosch was great as Nero IMO. Likewise, Reuben Langdon and Dan Southworth both really brought Dante and Vergil to life with their performances. It'll be hard (heck maybe even impossible) to find replacements who can actually bring about the same level of quality as the three did with Dante, Vergil and Nero.

Vampi

Kamiya's words were out of context. He said that "Dante always changed in every game. That's he so different from his original vision of Dante. That we should treat this new Dante as just another different kind of Dante since Dante always changes in every game. That we just have to wait and see"

So he has no interest in DMC or its sequels since he's not involved in them. He doesn't care and don't expect him to ever return. This is Hideaki Itsuno's DMC series from now on.

And Reuben is in denial i bet. That means he won't be able to voice Dante again if this game is successful. He'll be treated just as Drew Coomb's is (he was DMC 1 Dante's VA) as sumone who USE to voice Dante...that's it.

Rage

lol so pessimistio vampi, i'll close the door on DmC and leave a window open for DMC5 (there's no way in hell it isn't going to bomb, just like enslaved will be stillbirthed)

VirgilTheart

Vampi;275638 said:
Kamiya's words were out of context. He said that "Dante always changed in every game. That's he so different from his original vision of Dante. That we should treat this new Dante as just another different kind of Dante since Dante always changes in every game. That we just have to wait and see"

So he has no interest in DMC or its sequels since he's not involved in them. He doesn't care and don't expect him to ever return. This is Hideaki Itsuno's DMC series from now on.

And Reuben is in denial i bet. That means he won't be able to voice Dante again if this game is successful. He'll be treated just as Drew Coomb's is (he was DMC 1 Dante's VA) as sumone who USE to voice Dante...that's it.

Ah. So someone mistranslated Kamiya's words, or something along those lines? Makes more sense.

As for Reuben, I don't think he's in denial. Like I've said before, he actually supports the new game. I think he's just being hopeful that he might get to voice Dante again one day.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think his new VA sounds badass. Reuben was my least favorite Dante so I am just glad it's not him.

And like Tekken Force said he has got kind of a smoker voiced thing going on, good stuff.

Vampi

His voice doesn't fit the character though. Reuben is good for a young Dante. I like the smoker voice. But this sounds like sumone who had throat cancer and is starting to speak, even though Dino looks ghastly and looks like he just went through chemotherapy. But still, for a voice for a young Dante its kinda...hard to swallow.

Tekken Force

Vampi;275669 said:
His voice doesn't fit the character though. Reuben is good for a young Dante. I like the smoker voice. But this sounds like sumone who had throat cancer and is starting to speak, even though Dino looks ghastly and looks like he just went through chemotherapy. But still, for a voice for a young Dante its kinda...hard to swallow.

Have to agree here. It was very jarring.

Vampi

Actually if you see the trailer again, at the part when he yells in pain, he sounds nothing like the voice that says "My name is Dante" he sounds actually younger when he yelled.

So this might be either him at the end or another character we haven't seen, maybe the true Dante. Like i've said in other posts. We never see him actually say he's Dante.

Since Capcom are masters at editing their trailers without any of the scenes and dialogue in order, that quote of him saying his name is Dante might be at the end of the game. Just like how when Nero said his arm was made to send people back to hell. Even though in trailers we HEAR him say it when he's fighting Dante in the opera house, even though that quote is at the end of the game.

In other words, Capcom are tricky bastards.

darkslayer101

Vampi;275743 said:
Actually if you see the trailer again, at the part when he yells in pain, he sounds nothing like the voice that says "My name is Dante" he sounds actually younger when he yelled.

So this might be either him at the end or another character we haven't seen, maybe the true Dante. Like i've said in other posts. We never see him actually say he's Dante.

Since Capcom are masters at editing their trailers without any of the scenes and dialogue in order, that quote of him saying his name is Dante might be at the end of the game. Just like how when Nero said his arm was made to send people back to hell. Even though in trailers we HEAR him say it when he's fighting Dante in the opera house, even though that quote is at the end of the game.

In other words, Capcom are tricky bastards.

i agree...the part in the TGS trailer where he stands and the voice over saying "My name is dante" seems too spritely and dark and mature for a guy on meth or crack...

Vampi

Hmm...i've been hearing sum of Steve Blum's work. And he sounds like that voice in the end that says "My name is Dante" http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Steven-Jay-Blum

Though at first i also thought that Steve did the voice of Monkey from Enslaved. But i keep hearing its Andy Serkis voice not Steve. And i heard it again and it is Serkis voice for Monkey. Its just that Andy and Steve had these raspy deep voices with a hint of a New York accent.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
They definitely stirred up something similar like the DMC4 trailer.
Almost without a doubt, they put in different plot-parts and merged them.

Oh how I remember, everyone thought Dante turned evil...
At least I did, for a bit.

VirgilTheart

If it is indeed Andy Serkis as Dante, the British!Dante theory may actually be true. *gasp* Nothing bad about it, but the thought just occurred to me.

I'd also note the irony of replacing Reuben with an older man for a younger Dante. :lol: :(

Vampi

It can't be Serkis for Dante, since Serkis already has a role in the game. And Dante's voice sounds a bit younger.

Anyway, when Dante yells it sounds nothing like the voice that says My Name is Dante. It actually sounds younger.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;276035 said:
It can't be Serkis for Dante, since Serkis already has a role in the game. And Dante's voice sounds a bit younger.

Anyway, when Dante yells it sounds nothing like the voice that says My Name is Dante. It actually sounds younger.

Ah. My mistake then. So Andy may possibly be the psycho-warden/whoever's narrating the trailer? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom