• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Nephilim Trigger

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
This is a rewrite of the Hybrid Trigger thread.

Dante will have the Nephilim trigger once the final battle between him and Vergil comes.

In fact, his awakening should go super saiyan goku style when he sees memories of his mother's death and Kat's.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I can't stop imagining Dante with red and black wings formed from his coat, black demonic skin, red eyes and 4 arms.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I can see Dante's Nephilim trigger in red and black with demon & angel wings on his back. And his hair straightened up spiky.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
I think there is going to be a finale where in the big boss battle, he will transform into a demon/angel and fight in his ultimate form (at the time). But from one of the interviews I heard that was live I believe (might have been the demo comparison) there was a question: Will angels be enemies in the game? and the developers said "I can't comment on that" and dodged it.

So he could likely be seen as an abomination from the angels and become under attack from them.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I would not be surprised if they gave him some "Nephilim" trigger (in fact I would want that), but I don't think they would because the Devil trigger in this game seems like something they did just because Dante has a Devil trigger in the previous installments

KnightBatman

Whoa there's really going to be a Nephilim trigger? Hmm.. I wonder how that'll be initiated.. unless it replaces devil trigger in that fight

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Nothing official, actually. Ronin just apparently likes to be definitive with his statements.

We don't really have much inclination that there will be anything like a "Nephilim Trigger."

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I wish that they would put in three types of triggers.

Angel trigger-WINGS and all that air borne stuff
Nephilim trigger-Same as the current Devil trigger
Devil trigger-Scorch the earth and increase damage

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Whoa there's really going to be a Nephilim trigger? Hmm.. I wonder how that'll be initiated.. unless it replaces devil trigger in that fight

Well Dom confirmed that Dante is only taking the form of a human. His Nephilim Trigger could be his "true" form in the same way that Bob Barbas' true form is a crazy digital head.

KnightBatman

Well Dom confirmed that Dante is only taking the form of a human. His Nephilim Trigger could be his "true" form in the same way that Bob Barbas' true form is a crazy digital head.

O_O SERIOUSLY? Wow... not sure how to feel about that... now another reason I don't like him being half angel. But oh well story still looks good from what we've gotten so far

Gbraga

I believe it's quite possible for him to have a more demonic Devil Trigger at least. When you're replaying with the white haired costume, it's the only thing I can see being the Devil Trigger, unless they go the lame route and make his hair black.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
O_O SERIOUSLY? Wow... not sure how to feel about that... now another reason I don't like him being half angel. But oh well story still looks good from what we've gotten so far

Kat is supposed to be an extension of his human side and through her he learns what it means to be human in the same way that Lady shows Dante in DMC3 "what's important."

KIRA

I think that Dante will only have demon trigger ...not nephillim trigger....because thats what he is....he is as good as an angel and inside him there is a demon.... maybe Vergil is the opposite... he is bad like a demon but have an angel trigger instead...maybe that could explain the red and blue amulets....!!!! ...

KIRA

Also in the scene where Dante speaks to Vergil there was a symbol in yamato...a demonic symbol i think... and in rebellion an angelic one ...That could represent their personality...good and bad...ironic kinda actually... ''a good demon and a bad angel''... !!!! If my theory about Vergil is right otherwise he is just a bad demon..

Top Bottom