• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Divine Comedy, Do u think the new DmC will be influenced by it?

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
The previous games were very much influenced by this piece of literature ,so do u think this one will too?And if it does will u be happy about it ?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Thus far just the concept of Limbo.....but DMC games weren't really all that heavy on Divine Comedy(Bayonetta took much more from it in 1 game than DMC ever did in all 4 of its games) all DMC did was borrow the names/characters, some demon ideas(Beowulf was also based on a demon in Divine Comedy not just the Seamus Book "Beowulf"), & a few terms & ideas like the 7 Hells.

Zargus

Do you know how to install true FEAR?!
Premium
The previous games were very much influenced by this piece of literature ,so do u think this one will too?And if it does will u be happy about it ?

The first DMC game was never influenced by The Divine Comedy at all. The only thing that it gave use was Dante, Vergil and Trish (a derivative of the name Beatrice) that is it.

DMC3 had more of a Divine Comedy influence to it as well as DMC4 (When you die the screen shatters and says 'Abandon all hope...' for example). And it looks like DmC will be influenced by it too as Limbo City is the first circle in Hell in the Divine Comedy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The first DMC game was never influenced by The Divine Comedy at all. The only thing that it gave use was Dante, Vergil and Trish (a derivative of the name Beatrice) that is it.

DMC3 had more of a Divine Comedy influence to it as well as DMC4 (When you die the screen shatters and says 'Abandon all hope...' for example). And it looks like DmC will be influenced by it too as Limbo City is the first circle in Hell in the Divine Comedy.
Dude, whereare you getting your info from? DMC1 was a loose iteration of inferno. Actually, some say it's the entire trilogy, but I don't buy it.

Anyways. Tam said that they wouldn't be bassing it off the devine comedy, more to things like the canteberry tales.

Zargus

Do you know how to install true FEAR?!
Premium
Dude, whereare you getting your info from? DMC1 was a loose iteration of inferno. Actually, some say it's the entire trilogy, but I don't buy it.

Anyways. Tam said that they wouldn't be bassing it off the devine comedy, more to things like the canteberry tales.

It is well known that the only thing from the Divine Comedy that is used in DMC1 is the names of three of the characters in the game and the Divine Comedy, Dante, Vergil and Trish aka Beatrice, nothing else influenced it at all. The Divine Comedy did however influence DMC3 and DMC4.

Just found it myself to be honest too.

Top Bottom