• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante

Triceranuke

Didn't really know how to title this thread, and honestly I don't know how to word this without sounding like the biggest troll in the world, but am I the only person who legitimately liked the new Dante?
I don't want to say I don't get why people hate him so much, cause I get a lot of it, I'm just still surprised how many people dislike his character.

It might just be me though, cause I've always liked dickish characters, they're more fun to me than a goody two shoes. It's part of what I liked about the old Dante cause he was an asshole too.

And I feet like that was the point of this character, he's an ass, he's unpleasant. He becomes a better person. His character arc is becoming less of a douche.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I quite like him.

I think the reason why some people vehemently dislike DmC Dante is because he was the cool guy who they hated as kids because he got drunk and picked up chicks.

The same people love Uncle Dante because he's the crazy over the top unrealistic cool guy those people wanted to be.

Dante47

I enjoyed his character. Hell, I enjoyed some of his quips during his more unsavory moments.
But we do see a more natural progression than the likes of Devil May Cry 3.

For example, when Vergil says to Dante, "You once said you didn't give a sh*t."
Well, he's right.
When Vergil says this to Dante, you reflect on everything you've seen.
You almost wouldn't even notice the transition since it's so smooth and well done.

However, I do miss our old carefree Dante. In the sequel, we should see a Dante ready to protect humanity without hesitation, yet isn't afraid to scoff at the external force threatening his society.
They should also play off on the fact that he isn't human, yet still wishes to be.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There are things I want back for Dante in the next sequel:
- Boxers
- Catchphrases like... "Let's Rock Baby!" & "Jackpot"
- Get stabbed invulnerably
- Free Ride, Thrust Kick & Wild Stomp.

Top Bottom