• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs vergil.

Who would win In a fight.

• Vergil.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Dante.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Draw.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rend

Necromancer
Dante...come on, he defeated him at the end of DMC 3 and again in DMC 1...it's a no brainer

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
pinky750;38739 said:
your choice confuses and intrigues me. explain.

It would be more of a swordfight than gunslingin' since Vergil never uses guns and Dantes guns are quite crappy against him, and Vergil is better than Dante with swords because he's older and never had to practise guns so he had more time to practise swords. Eh, and Vergil is smarter because of his lack of cockiness unlike Dante.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well, I'll vote for Dante. Besides being my favourite he seems stronger to me. Although Vergil seems somehow faster. Dante seems the type that "no matter how many times you beat me, I'll get up and continue". Because of that attribute I think Dante has more potential and thus I vote for him.
Vergil is quick and painless, stylish in his own way, but he just doesn't appear as strong. Maybe in DMC4..he can surprise us:lol:

Oh and you guys who say Vergil is older.
He is just older by some minutes or so. If he actually is better at anything is because he just is, no because he has more experience:p

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
Darkslayer;38851 said:
Yes but vergil defeated dante in dmc3 twice.
Dante only defeated him once.

Did Vergil defeat Dante? He escaped the first one right before Dante devil triggered, Arkham and Lady interupted the second one and Dante nearly killed him in the third.
I think the most even would be to say a draw, as Vergil did kind of defeat Dante the first time, there was a draw the second (remember they both got a hit on each other right before Arkham showed up?) and Dante won the last.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Tony_Redgrave;38891 said:
Well, I'll vote for Dante. Besides being my favourite he seems stronger to me. Although Vergil seems somehow faster. Dante seems the type that "no matter how many times you beat me, I'll get up and continue". Because of that attribute I think Dante has more potential and thus I vote for him.
Vergil is quick and painless, stylish in his own way, but he just doesn't appear as strong. Maybe in DMC4..he can surprise us:lol:

Oh and you guys who say Vergil is older.
He is just older by some minutes or so. If he actually is better at anything is because he just is, no because he has more experience:p

Excuse moi, who won the sword lock in their first battle in DMC3?
Vergil.
Who was able to kill Beowulf? Vergil

I know now you're going to say "Who defeated Mundus?
Dante"

Well, Vergil could have won if he had Sparda powers and he wasn't really badly injured.

It was a bit crap in the end of DMC3 because we know Vergil is much faster than Dante. I mean, in their opening scenes, Dante is skewered multiple times by hell prides, Vergil on the other hand is faced with a unit of Abysses, all of which were dispatched before they could lay their sinewy claws on Vergil. Also if he used Yamato as quickly against Dante as he did with the hell vanguard, beginning of mission 3 or beowulf at the end of mission 12, I believe the final battle would have had a different outcome.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The Phantarch;38980 said:
Excuse moi, who won the sword lock in their first battle in DMC3?
Vergil.
Who was able to kill Beowulf? Vergil

I know now you're going to say "Who defeated Mundus?
Dante"

Well, Vergil could have won if he had Sparda powers and he wasn't really badly injured.

It was a bit crap in the end of DMC3 because we know Vergil is much faster than Dante. I mean, in their opening scenes, Dante is skewered multiple times by hell prides, Vergil on the other hand is faced with a unit of Abysses, all of which were dispatched before they could lay their sinewy claws on Vergil. Also if he used Yamato as quickly against Dante as he did with the hell vanguard, beginning of mission 3 or beowulf at the end of mission 12, I believe the final battle would have had a different outcome.

Well, that's some nice argument I see here:lol:

Vergil of course was able to beat Dante the first time, since he already had more power due to having unlocked Devil Trigger. Now you are going to say that he did not use it in the 1st fight. Well by unlocking the ability, they must become stronger in human form also.
Example 1: Dante immediately attacked Vergil after unlocking the power without having transformed. "I see, a devil inside you has awakened as well".
Example 2: In the next mission Dante got up again, hit the statue, and was kind of amazed that it actually broke. Meaning that he couldn't do that so easily without DT.

As for Beowulf. Yes there the difference is clear. Even Beowulf admitted that Vergil seemed stronger from what he had previously fought against. (even though it can be said he was blind). Yet again though this is because Vergil use the swift and merciless style. Dante plays around with almost every boss in the game but doesn't mean he couldn't defeat Beowulf. He just did not take the battle seriously.

As for the battle against Mundus we can't say for certain. If Vergil had not been possessed and kept increasing his abilities like Dante, while also gaining possession of the Sparda sword he may have beaten Mundus as well.

As for the last I agree. Vergil keeps being much faster than Dante everytime in all missions, battles etc. For me the reason he lost to Dante is because he used two different type of swords at once. And the Force Edge is more Dante like sword, so of course in the last thingy were they charge to each other Dante has the advantage. But it was surely a lost battle even before that since "Am..I..getting defeated?".
But in DMC1 the difference is clear. Dante defeats an all powerful demon Vergil without even unleashing his true abilities. But this is a topic for Dante and Vergil - not Nelo. Since Vergil could have outmatched the power of Nelo if he trained by himself;)

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
~nods to above~
Also, the cut scenes are always abit more pumped than the real action. If Vergil could have sliced Dante to bits like he did with Beowulf, he'd just do it, right? In cut scenes, Dante is able to do things he can't in game, and the same goes for Vergil. That's just the way it is ;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Probably it means the the demon brothers are sooo better than the lesser demons, which gives them the abilities to make them look pitiful;)

Curse

Cursed Girl
rawr Dante would win not only cause he's ma devil sex but cause he always pwns him ^^
though it would be cute if they would get allong :.))))
sharing_is_good_for_you__by_MinTsui.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom