• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Spawn

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'd say spawn. but dante has surprised us. and we aren't really sure about dante's limits in either DMC2 or DmC

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
how do you figure?
I dunno. I just remember the "Spawn vs. Kratos" deathmatch and base it off of that. Unlike some people in this thread (who shall remain nameless), I'm willing to admit to the possibility of either one winning or losing.

It could also be a draw or dual K.O.

Dante's Trickster (DMC3 Trickster anyway) gives him an edge.

I still say Spawn for right now though. Sorry.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
As long as your willing to admit the possibility of either side losing, then I have no problem with that.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Absolutely i dont know much about spawn accept the basics so of course dante could lose always expect the unexpected

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Spawn. HE KILLED GOD AND SATAN PEOPLE!
I really didn't want to play that card... but yes, he killed them both. Also, he became The Ultimate Ruler and gave up his power later 'cause he realized he didn't need to be overpowered (*cough DMC4 Dante*) to be a badass.

Reactions: Jak

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Dante can't kill God Himself though... it was never established in either universe that he could, so I don't see it happening.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Spawn for sure. I'm willing to see my favorite video game character lose against an enormously powerful enemy.

Spawn killed God and Satan, became the god of everything and the just gave it up.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
who says dante couldnt do the same thing

Because you don't have the facts to back yourself up, you only have what Dante has done in the source materials and while you could argue that Mundus was essentially Satan of the DMC world (which i highly doubt he is, that's a different argument mind you), Spawn took on God and Satan at the same time and won practically without effort to boot.

However this is all assuming that we're pitting Spawn at his height against Dante at his height, if Spawn was at any of his previous levels of power, i highly doubt that it would be such a clean cut match, in fact if Spawn didn't have those powers going against Dante then i'd give Dante the win but it would be a fairly close match.

Top Bottom