• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante Vs. Sparda

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
*SPOILERS AHEAD*
So my brother and I were having a conversation about where Dante could possible go in the future of the DmC canon and we thought of some pretty interesting ideas that we think would be pretty cool. I'd like to think the goal with DmC could be having an origin story as a whole with Dante. It seems like the most Dante centric storyline yet with Devil May Cry as we are focusing solely on Dante instead of him always seem like he's living in his father's shadow. Dante has the chance to become the "Legendary Hero" like his father became and this is getting ahead of ourselves here but if DmC 2 rolled around I see Vergil being the main villain but here's a thought for a villain in the DmC series, Sparda.

Sparda in the DmC take is not dead and just banished forever. What if he'd find a way to break free from his imprisonment somehow and becomes the villain for Dante to take on? Sparda would have undergone some extreme torture and what if this just breaks him mentally? An insane Sparda filled with nothing but hatred could actually bring a really tough and badass villain and I'd really like to see father and son go at it this way. Defeating this crazy Sparda would seal the deal of Dante being some legendary hero and a trilogy would wrap up Dante's origin story all together. What do you guys think? This is just for fun speculation.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I think DmC2 will be about Dante trying to find Sparda somewhere in Deep Limbo, where Vergil goes at the end of DmC.

Dante47

That would be cool.
I'd like the plot to be about Dante journeying into this "Deep Limbo" whilst looking father.
The way he could find out his father's banishment is through an anonymous tip via Devil May Cry.

As he progresses through, he could occasionally be attacked by Nelo Angelo, who unbeknownst to Dante, is actually the fully corrupted Vergil. It could lead to some interesting development between the two.

When Dante finds Sparda, he could go feral and try to kill Dante.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
That'd be the darkest Devil May Cry in DMC history.
Worse if he had to kill his mom too, the real one, not a clone like Trish in DMC, but for whatever reason that she is revived. It'd be even worse if he had to kill Kat if she was possessed and there was no way to stop it, kill everyone in his family because they want him dead (demon side of family think Sparda is a traitor, similar with Eva's side, other reasons), and then himself because he is being possessed, corrupted, whatever. Darkest Devil May Cry or game ever.

zarion

That's one of the things I like in DmC. Dante is no longer living in his father's shadows only getting by due to his heirlooms and stored power any more. Sure the Rebellion is his father's heirloom, but in this game Dante has considerably more merit of his own and the weapons are just tools, not catalysts for his empowered awakenings using borrowed powers.
I am secretly hoping that Dante becomes Sparda, that he takes his name during the course of the rebooted series, it's too good to pass on.
The legend of the Dark Knight Sparda could be retconned, or explained as the mistaken product of transliferation.
Making the two stories of Demon King Sparda and the Nephilim Son of Sparda into one tale.
That would make DmC Sparda's origin story and in my opinion would save DMC from certain doom.

Top Bottom