• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Kratos

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
They are to hack n' slash games, what Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees are to slasher movies.
Dante, The son of Sparda
4410993-3586176-348463_dante_demon_noch_luna_oblaka_mech_rebellion_1920x1200_%28www.gdefon.ru%29.jpg

and......
Kratos, the Ghost of Sparta (....no relation)
1525102-kratos_rendering_concept.jpg

Note: While the images are of DMC3 Dante, and GoW2 Kratos. The one's I'm picturing for the fight are DMC4 Dante and GoW3 Kratos, since those are the characters at their most powerful, least imo. (Anyone posting can use what ever versions they want) characters have all their equipment from each game.

Now, in my opinion, I think Dante would win. Strength wise the two seem to be around equal, or very on par. Dante can quite casually block punches from giant statues. Kratos, though with effort, can keep himself from getting squished by Atlas' thumb and forefinger (NO small feat as Atlas is strong enough to hold up the world). But I think Dante's more agile and faster, Kratos only really has enhanced speed with the boots of Hermes. Not to mention while Kratos is hard to kill, Dante seems to be immortal, sure Kratos killed pretty much every god. We gotta remember the Olympian gods, while highly powerful beings, aren't quite the omniscient all powerful beings we picture when we hear 'god'. They have standard powers and abilities, and each has unique traits. They are also very hard to kill, but not impossible. (Kratos beat Zeus and Poseidon to death with his bare hands). This is part of the reason why in Death Battle's video, Kratos lost to Spawn (I actually picture Dante vs Kratos going much the same way, I just like to hear what you guys think)

Top Bottom