• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante or Nero?

Who's gameplay are you more excited for?

• Dante

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Nero

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
TVtropes describes DmC Dante as a cross between DMC3 Dante and Nero. So giving Nero a DmC Dante-esque look felt like we've come full circle.

I was actually curious on what the DmC version of Nero would be like.....

Nero's problems were more his personality and gameplay than his look. Ultimately he just like a downgrade to DMC3 Dante and at the time people would have rather had more adventures with Young Dante.

Funny thing is RE6 Jake's campaign pretty much did everything they tried to with Nero but better.

Ironically DmC's bad reception helped make him more appealing and DMC5 looks to be doing things better so maybe he would be better received?

The devil breaker is a step up from the devil bringer and i'm hoping Nero has a few good platforming moments. I wouldn't mind a mission where you have to drive the van through a horde of demons. Vergil's connection to nero is probably gonna be explored better (who knows if it will be satisfying). Despite my dislike for Nico she feels like a better fit for Nero and the DMC crew than kyrie as Kyrie is too passive/quiet to work well right now.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
People keep saying this but is it really true? If anything, Nero's more like Dante in terms of personality than he ever was before.
I mean physically, he now looks different from Dante. No glossy white hair, no similarly long coat, no long boots. Now its combat boots, shorter coat, and shorter hair.

DarkSlayerVergil

TVtropes describes DmC Dante as a cross between DMC3 Dante and Nero. So giving Nero a DmC Dante-esque look felt like we've come full circle.

I was actually curious on what the DmC version of Nero would be like.....

Nero's problems were more his personality and gameplay than his look. Ultimately he just like a downgrade to DMC3 Dante and at the time people would have rather had more adventures with Young Dante.

Funny thing is RE6 Jake's campaign pretty much did everything they tried to with Nero but better.

Ironically DmC's bad reception helped make him more appealing and DMC5 looks to be doing things better so maybe he would be better received?

The devil breaker is a step up from the devil bringer and i'm hoping Nero has a few good platforming moments. I wouldn't mind a mission where you have to drive the van through a horde of demons. Vergil's connection to nero is probably gonna be explored better (who knows if it will be satisfying). Despite my dislike for Nico she feels like a better fit for Nero and the DMC crew than kyrie as Kyrie is too passive/quiet to work well right now.
Honestly Jake in RE6 never really made sense to me tbh. Like Wesker of all people had a son? I feel as though Wesker being who he is would more likely have a clone than Vergil made from his dna and someone else (Excella most likely) to further his goals.

windleopard

Honestly Jake in RE6 never really made sense to me tbh. Like Wesker of all people had a son? I feel as though Wesker being who he is would more likely have a clone than Vergil made from his dna and someone else (Excella most likely) to further his goals.

What's odd about Wesker having a kid out of wedlock?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well nearly everything:whistle:.

I wasn't a huge resident evil fan so I didn't care as much. I honestly was just interested in Jake's inclusion and was meh about the rest. Leon and Chris's campaigns were good tho.

I just thought RE6 handle the parent plotline better than DMC4 along with a couple of other things. It's not perfect but better.

I just saw Jake as another experiment of Wesker's. Him repeating the experiment that created him and his sister Alex (RE revelations 2 or something). Or Wesker never knew he had a son and Jake was an experiment/scheme of one of his enemies.

One advantage Jake did have over Nero was RE had more of a tradition of multiple protagonist. So there was less backage with his inclusion versus Nero who was their first shot at a new DMC lead.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Special Edition? For all we know, he could be either DLC or just not playable at all.

He was replying to my post where I said that Vergil would probably be in the Special Edition.

Stop getting my hopes up.

Sorry. It’ll be called Vergil’s Uprise. I’m calling it now.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I'm more excited for Nero mostly because I preferred DMC4 Nero over Dante. Besides that though, the Devil Breakers look like a cool mechanic and I hope they'll going to add enough depth to Nero to make it worth-while.

Still, considering how cool Balrog and Cerberus look, I would not be surprised if I end up sticking with Dante in the end.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I need to wait for more info on this before coming to a conclusion. However if we've seen everything that Dante and Nero has to offer I have to say I am pretty disappointed in both. Outside a bunch of tweaks and small improvements that makes the combat look and flow better as well as be more beginner friendly and less execution heavy then before Dante is just a better DMC4 version with some DMC3 aspects to him and Nero is.......I was getting around to liking the DB system (or learning to accept it) or seeing the appeal but then they unveal the Pasta Breaker and I just ****ing hate it even more now.

So you're telling me that one of the biggest problems with the DB system (the fact we cant even determine the order let alone decide what Breaker we get next) and they decide to remedy this situation with a DLC breaker that barely fixes the problem. You basically waste 1 DB slot (out of potentially 4) to have a DB that can cycle which DBs appears next (a function that should be in the game and NOT tied to a DB). Once you break it so you can use an actually use a useful DB in combat and you lose that function. Its basically slapping a used a bandaid on the problem.

It just makes this thing even more ridiculous. It already doesn't make a lick of sense as to why Nero can't just dislocate his arm and attach another one it makes even less sense as to why Nero cant decide which DB he wants to use. Is his robotic arms causing lead poisoning and its going to his brain that is the only logical solution to this illogical way of doing things.

I want to be excited for this system and Nero but I can't. I'm trying my best but its soooooooo dumb and clunky....and restrictive. Plus most of the DBs leave a lot to be desired. Gerbera and Gerbera GP is the best. Ragtime is pretty cool. Overture has an interesting gimmick and can be very useful utility wise. The Buster Arm looks slower but has more weight and power to it. Punchline would be amazing but riding the rocket looks slow and clunky and a total bitch to control. Helter Skelter looks TRASH. The Gun Form of Tomboy looks the most gimmicky and I need to see more about its sword form and its Breakage move to understand it and I need to actually see Rawhide's basic non BreakAge moves to rate it. The MegaBuster looks neat but it seems a bit underwhelming. The fact Sweet Surrender is a healing DB could mean Nero might not even get a DT. I already shat on Pasta Breaker.....that piece of garbage.

Itsuno told us to have high expectations because they are going to smash it but I never expect much from others because other people always let you down. Its best to keep expectations low and hope for the best so you can be genuinely surprised if they do deliver but even with my non expectations I'm not that impressed. Yeah Dante looks great and might be the best he has ever played but Nero is just disappointing (and he was the character I was most excited for). I hope what people said about Itsuno saying we "haven't seen **** yet" is true because outside of the visuals this doesn't really feel like a game that took 4 years to make. But Itsuno is probably talking about V so I'm not really going to expect much more for Dante and Nero.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I need to wait for more info on this before coming to a conclusion. However if we've seen everything that Dante and Nero has to offer I have to say I am pretty disappointed in both. Outside a bunch of tweaks and small improvements that makes the combat look and flow better as well as be more beginner friendly and less execution heavy then before Dante is just a better DMC4 version with some DMC3 aspects to him and Nero is.......I was getting around to liking the DB system (or learning to accept it) or seeing the appeal but then they unveal the Pasta Breaker and I just ****ing hate it even more now.

So you're telling me that one of the biggest problems with the DB system (the fact we cant even determine the order let alone decide what Breaker we get next) and they decide to remedy this situation with a DLC breaker that barely fixes the problem. You basically waste 1 DB slot (out of potentially 4) to have a DB that can cycle which DBs appears next (a function that should be in the game and NOT tied to a DB). Once you break it so you can use an actually use a useful DB in combat and you lose that function. Its basically slapping a used a bandaid on the problem.

It just makes this thing even more ridiculous. It already doesn't make a lick of sense as to why Nero can't just dislocate his arm and attach another one it makes even less sense as to why Nero cant decide which DB he wants to use. Is his robotic arms causing lead poisoning and its going to his brain that is the only logical solution to this illogical way of doing things.

I want to be excited for this system and Nero but I can't. I'm trying my best but its soooooooo dumb and clunky....and restrictive. Plus most of the DBs leave a lot to be desired. Gerbera and Gerbera GP is the best. Ragtime is pretty cool. Overture has an interesting gimmick and can be very useful utility wise. The Buster Arm looks slower but has more weight and power to it. Punchline would be amazing but riding the rocket looks slow and clunky and a total bitch to control. Helter Skelter looks TRASH. The Gun Form of Tomboy looks the most gimmicky and I need to see more about its sword form and its Breakage move to understand it and I need to actually see Rawhide's basic non BreakAge moves to rate it. The MegaBuster looks neat but it seems a bit underwhelming. The fact Sweet Surrender is a healing DB could mean Nero might not even get a DT. I already shat on Pasta Breaker.....that piece of garbage.

Itsuno told us to have high expectations because they are going to smash it but I never expect much from others because other people always let you down. Its best to keep expectations low and hope for the best so you can be genuinely surprised if they do deliver but even with my non expectations I'm not that impressed. Yeah Dante looks great and might be the best he has ever played but Nero is just disappointing (and he was the character I was most excited for). I hope what people said about Itsuno saying we "haven't seen **** yet" is true because outside of the visuals this doesn't really feel like a game that took 4 years to make. But Itsuno is probably talking about V so I'm not really going to expect much more for Dante and Nero.
Imma assume you've seen the leaks. If not then wait until you see the leaks, at least for Dante. Nero looks fine to me tbh. I'm just curious what the unlockables for them will be. Think of it this way. Is the fact that they just improved an already amazing combat system? I'm always fine with a sequel as long as they don't actively make it worse than the last game. And as far as I can see they haven't made anything worse. Nero from 4 was pretty much constantly stuck with the buster DB. So your mad because they gave you a cool mechanic that will expand Neros move set but didn't do it the way you want? I admit the way they did it is pretty stupid and I'm not happy with it but they could've just gave left us with his limited bringer moveset instead. So just be glad that didn't happen

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Imma assume you've seen the leaks. If not then wait until you see the leaks, at least for Dante. Nero looks fine to me tbh. I'm just curious what the unlockables for them will be. Think of it this way. Is the fact that they just improved an already amazing combat system? I'm always fine with a sequel as long as they don't actively make it worse than the last game. And as far as I can see they haven't made anything worse. Nero from 4 was pretty much constantly stuck with the buster DB. So your mad because they gave you a cool mechanic that will expand Neros move set but didn't do it the way you want? I admit the way they did it is pretty stupid and I'm not happy with it but they could've just gave left us with his limited bringer moveset instead. So just be glad that didn't happen

What leaks?

As a consumer I am allowed to express dissatisfaction with how a product is turning out and we waited 10 years for this game and this game took 4 years to make and this is honestly the best we're getting (as far as Nero is concerned). I absolutely hate the excuse (that oh it could be worst). Just because its somewhat an improvement over what came out 10 years ago doesn't make it good.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
What leaks?

As a consumer I am allowed to express dissatisfaction with how a product is turning out and we waited 10 years for this game and this game took 4 years to make and this is honestly the best we're getting (as far as Nero is concerned). I absolutely hate the excuse (that oh it could be worst). Just because its somewhat an improvement over what came out 10 years ago doesn't make it good.
Oh no trust me I get what you mean I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. Plus we haven't seen everything they have to offer

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh no trust me I get what you mean I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. Plus we haven't seen everything they have to offer

Alright I'll wait but won't be hoping for more. Luckily I have a ton of work for school and portfolio building in the next month and after that finals so I'll be preoccupied for a while to not care as much.

Also what are these leaks you mentioned earlier?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Alright I'll wait but won't be hoping for more. Luckily I have a ton of work for school and portfolio building in the next month and after that finals so I'll be preoccupied for a while to not care as much.

Also what are these leaks you mentioned earlier?
Well I mean they aren't leaks anymore since it's been officially revealed. The Cerberus, Faust hat ECT reveals

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well I mean they aren't leaks anymore since it's been officially revealed. The Cerberus, Faust hat ECT reveals

So the leaks only stated Dante will get the Faust Hat and Cerberus?

If you're talking about NYCC those are not leaks if Capcom is showing the stuff at a public event.

Top Bottom