• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
I no his is not a dmc topic BUT i just played the demon of the game see seem to be alot like dmc same name big wepons and fight demons from hell and go into hell himself i think it look kool

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Sparda made a thread for this on here ages ago...

Anyway was looking forward to it back then and from playing the demo the other day, looking forward to it even more now. I thought it plays a lot like Ninja Gaiden, I was really impressed with it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm going to pre-order my copy of Dante's Inferno.
If I do, I score two double pizzas from Hell. I'll have a Wrath and Lust, thank you very much ;)

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
At first, I saw many people complaining that Dante's Inferno was a huge God of War ripoff. I thought they were wrong because it's just another adventure/hack'n slash game with similar elements with God of War.
But, after playing the demo I have to admit: This game is SOO much like god of war. Not only the combat elements (which are similar in every hack'n slash game), but every detail in that game, they seem to have 'copied' from gow, like the statues u have to break to get health or mana orbs/souls, its exactly like gow's health and mana chests, and so on...
Most hack and slash games are similar in many aspects, but they have something that makes them unique, while Dante's Inferno (at least for now) IMO just seems some huge copy with nothing exclusive...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It is made by the GOW guys so it's only natural to stick to their Hack'n'slash formula for a bit.IMHO people shouuld address this game as the italian-medieval version of GOW.

Railazel

First of all, as awesome as it is, Dante's Inferno disappoints me in two aspects:

1) It has very little to do with the actual story. They completely changed the storyline.

2) It is so much like God of War that even the way Dante runs is the same as Kratos. Though I knew that it was made by the same production team as God of War, I just wished that added something new to at least spice it up a bit more. (Okay, I guess facing against Death itself is pretty awesome, but still...)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Railazel;197462 said:
First of all, as awesome as it is, Dante's Inferno disappoints me in two aspects:

1) It has very little to do with the actual story. They completely changed the storyline.

I don't know if you have knowledge of greek mythology,but if you knew how "american hero"-ized it became in god of war,i think you would have a slight shock.But that's beside the point.The thing is the story was bound to change.These guys just base their works off something,and then completely change the story aspects.For one Dante was never a crussader and to top it off Trish was never his wife,just his unrequited love and when he was born the crussades had long ended.

Railazel

Exactly! Though, I do know about how they changed the greek myths, but they were accurate in some cases.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Those cases were veeeeery few,believe me.But if they stayed like the myth says...then probably the whole american society and the puritans would troll and flame the poor guys till they died.0_o

Anyway,let's wait and see what the game is like.I say it will like God of War[gameplay],but the guys at Visceral are gonna do some changes at the GOW engine to make the series different.Maybe if this game is successful,they will proceed even further in the alternation of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom