• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante in Soul Calibur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Soul Calibur IV should've had Dante on PS3 and Hayabusa to be on XBOX360! It would've been awesome for him to have his own story on where he meets all the SC characters and makes friends with one of them. I hope he comes in the next SC game

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think he was about to be on SC3 not 4.
Anyway, unfortunately SC4 will feature Darth Vader in PS3 and Yoda in X-Box 360 from the Star Wars series.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;80436 said:
I think he was about to be on SC3 not 4.
Anyway, unfortunately SC4 will feature Darth Vader in PS3 and Yoda in X-Box 360 from the Star Wars series.

yes...it has been canceled...it could be because Dante easily defeats all of the SC characters...:lol:

they afraid that Dante will take all of the fame...meow...:)

Keaton

Premium
I think Yoda and Vader is a bad move...really.
They don;t even fit with the style...at least Spawn did :D

benxander

Divine Demon
Ahh people who think that Star Wars characters are still a bad move!

Get over it! They're not canon! They're for fun. They're not part of the story.

You should see the new bonus characters for SC4.
They're designed by other people who Namco have tracked down. Anime-esque they are.
There's an Elf and something called Agnol Fear, which is some creature from another dimension who's thousands of years old and has the ability to destroy earth in a quick magic spell.

I mean.. wtf lol

benxander

Divine Demon
Chaos Master;80936 said:
Well,Namco will regret not to include Dante in Soul Calibur 4...meow...:)

I dunno to be honest. They're gonna have many death threats from stupid anime charcters making apperances.

Plus theres always Soul Calibur 5, which is supposedly going to be the last in the series. Surely Dante and maybe even Nero will make appearances for them if they want a huge roster.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I personally don't care who's the "extra" character in those fighting games in the Soul series. An "extra" is always an "extra". If they put Dante in it would be ridiculous since nobody there is a match for him but since it's a game they'll make him being as tough as everyone there. Which sucks.

I like the original characters of the Souls series as they are. I think that the "extras" are just for money:p

benxander

Divine Demon
Tony_Redgrave;81092 said:
I personally don't care who's the "extra" character in those fighting games in the Soul series. An "extra" is always an "extra". If they put Dante in it would be ridiculous since nobody there is a match for him but since it's a game they'll make him being as tough as everyone there. Which sucks.

I like the original characters of the Souls series as they are. I think that the "extras" are just for money:p

Indeed.
Personally I think Cervantes vs Dante would be an interesting battle. Both have swords, both have guns ;)

Here's a link to Soul Calibur 4 information in case anyone is actually interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Calibur_4

:D

And here's a link to as close as someone got at a good DMC battle using Soul Calibur 3 Create-A-Soul mode :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jI6hG7JGtpQ

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Haha,awesome. Especially since "Vergil" drew his katana before the battle:lol:

But "Nelo Angelo" needed a bigger sword.

Keaton

Premium
Tony_Redgrave;81355 said:
Haha,awesome. Especially since "Vergil" drew his katana before the battle:lol:

But "Nelo Angelo" needed a bigger sword.

The 'Dante' and 'Nelo' needed Nightmare style blades :D
Virgil was spot on ;D or as close as you can get on the CaS mode :)

benxander

Divine Demon
The sword sizes are indeed the only thing worth hating on in CaS mode :p

But yeah, felt like I'd show you guys that :) Little bit of outside entertainment. :)

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Dante is also in other games like Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. and Veiwtiful Joe. So it ain't a total upset.... if you like those two games.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Soul calibur is tournament type game...there would be have to be rule that he is not able to use his guns. so therefore Vergil would be a better candidate.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Trish67;84599 said:
Soul calibur is tournament type game...there would be have to be rule that he is not able to use his guns. so therefore Vergil would be a better candidate.

Nah Cervantes has a gun too:p

Keaton

Premium
^Lol

It would be moreso, alike Cervantes, that Dante would only use his guns within Combo's...although Coyote Stinger would be great, or Pandora!

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
yeah that would be it. but Dante would be eliminated due his inability to play by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom