• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dante copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante devil

Dante- Vergil- Nero
i've recently been watching HELLSING and its patriot Alucard seems to have remarkable similarities to Dante.
for one he has a red coat,
secoundly he weilds two handguns one black one silver,
thirdly he is industructable(also like Dante).
is it just me or is it a copy of capcoms Dante?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
If someone's a copy, then it has to be Dante. Hellsing manga started at 1997, while the first Devil May Cry came out at 2001.

But it's probably not a copy. I heard that Dante is based on a manga character, but not Alucard. Supposedly it was some sort of investigator with cool lines who had something to say about anything. (Remember how DMC1 Dante could speak to any statue, bookcase etc while offering a cool line about it). The character is the main guy in Cobra: Space Adventure Manga series by the way. I don't know what he looks like but supposedly he's the one who influenced Dante's DMC1 character.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Tony_Redgrave;121098 said:
If someone's a copy, then it has to be Dante. Hellsing manga started at 1997, while the first Devil May Cry came out at 2001.

But it's probably not a copy. I heard that Dante is based on a manga character, but not Alucard. Supposedly it was some sort of investigator with cool lines who had something to say about anything. (Remember how DMC1 Dante could speak to any statue, bookcase etc while offering a cool line about it). The character is the main guy in Cobra: Space Adventure Manga series by the way. I don't know what he looks like but supposedly he's the one who influenced Dante's DMC1 character.

Dante was based of a manga series called Cobra by Buichi Terasawa in personality, being witty. Not in appearance though because Cobra looks weird. Funnily enough; Cobra also had a female partner called Lady Armaroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom