• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante and Dino...think that they can hear us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Demonslayer
my favorit is the Dante from DMC1. Since almost ten years he is impacting my life, I created a DMC-website, I'd painted some pictures, I'd collected figures and stuff and I wrote fanfictions....for me he is the most impressive and best looking virtual hero of all video games, even Sephiroth couldnt match with him.
All Dantes after the original Dante were nice and cool and stylish, but no one could top the DMC1 Dante. He had the best story and the deepest character.

The new Dante... I'm not sure yet what to think about, maybe his background story will be good as well, but I dont like his face, this one from Tameem you know.
Besides, he has 3 different faces
this one:
feature-dmc-1.jpg

... ugly x_X

this one

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/213000/213320_dmc_tgs_02.jpg

better

and this one

http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Dante-DMC-cigarette.jpg

here he looks more like Dante and if they are going to use this face, than I can accept him as Dante

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like the second one. The jail one. He looks the most Dante-ish in that one, to be honest.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
devilaX96;279283 said:
I like all Dantes but my favorite is Dante from DMC4. And about Dino and Dante...I think that they are cool in a different way. By the way from the interview I watched with NT I got that they are gonna show the origin of Dante. Do you think that he is going become like the Dante we know or he is going to act different?

This is an interesting question dear....well,I don't know if Dino is finally going to buy himself some maturity because the original Dante is for sure a mature character so it seems pretty difficult for me to imagine Dino finally turning to be Dante...If the next DMC is going to show a transformation of Dino to Dante Ninja Theory will have to do some serious plastic surgery and some shopping to improve the wardrobe of Dino...Focusing directly on your question,I don't think Dino will turn to be as good as our original Dante...But lets hope for the best to happen:)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I love all the Dante's...the one in DMC 4 was witty but he didn't really care at all :\ But besides the point...as long as they work out I don't have an issue...

JPD

did any1 ever think that the original trailer is just to make fun of us??? just to surprise us at the end with a more believable white haired teenager dante????

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
JPD;281825 said:
did any1 ever think that the original trailer is just to make fun of us??? just to surprise us at the end with a more believable white haired teenager dante????

Well...Lets hope NT loves us sooo much that it gives us a stylish Dante back or just make a better Dino:D

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
There's just something weird about DINO, dunno what it is, dunno if it's just me and I'll get used to it, but he could do with a few tweaks, dunno what there's just something that ain't quite right in my opinion? Anyone else agree? Or even understand what I'm ranting about? :D

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Dominus;279368 said:
I agree with this option, Vergil definitely needs more screen time than Nero or DINO. My only hope is that Vergil will be included in this game (seems like an easy option for Ninja Theory to get some hardcore fans interested), and would probably sell the game to me..

That's my only hope!!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ahem.

I like Dante. There is no Nante or Dino. Dante was Dante in DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4 and Dante is Dante in DmC. I'm sorry but this whole shebang of 'it isn't our Dante' is so worn out, I'm surprised people are still flaunting it around. He says his name is Dante, so why call him something else? NT said they're going to have him recognised as the Dante we all know by the end of the game, and yet fans STILL receive that as an 'omen' or turn it into something negative. Seeing as it's going to be about his origins, prequel to the DMC games, there is no way NT can give us the Dante we know.

I'm really looking forward to what they bring us, because there is such great potential, and I would LOVE to see Dante trying to find his purpose in life. I mean up until he was faced with Lady in DMC3, he had NO direction whatsoever. He only went up the tower to play around with Vergil, until Lady gave him a goal to strive for eg. stopping Vergil from unlocking the portal. Before that he was just there to have a good time killing demons and fighting his brother. I mean really, when I watched it the first time I was confused as to what the hell Dante thinks he's doing there at all.

Anyway, I love Dante in every shape and form he's come in. I love DMC1 Dante's humour and seriousness, I love DMC2's quiet and cutthroat Dante, I love DMC3 Dante's careless attitude and abs, I love DMC4 Dante's stubble, pants, shirt, and his childish wit, and I love DmC Dante's endurance (I mean, day 13? That's a damn long time to last when you're being tortured for information), his cool but not over-the-top fight styles, his violent quirks (the cigarette in the demons' face was pretty juvenile), his screams (I mean when does 'our' Dante ever scream or show he's also human and subject to physical pain? NEVER!'Our' Dante would also never get caught and stay captive for over a week while being mal-treated by his captors - in essence, 'our' Dante would get out of there, easy, and where's the fun in that?) and I never thought I'd say this, but I even like the sound of his voice. And that's saying a lot cos I'm a major :wub: Reuben-for-Dante :wub: fan.

The fact that I have watched the trailer over 100 times (really, no lie) and still manage to get pumped for this game every time I watch it is enough to convince everyone in my household that I'm a Dante fan through-and-through. I was slightly put off by the non-white hair at first, but really I LOVED the trailer from the first time I pushed 'play' to watch it. It's a no-brainer that when the game is released with its special edition or whatever, I'm going to be the first in line to buy it and play it, and I'm confident I'll love it.

The Dino and Nante thing is really getting watered down now. It's DANTE.

...grief, I'm going to carry a badge around like I did with 'It's STEFAN, not Stephen'.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Master Vergil;281968 said:
Ahem.

I like Dante. There is no Nante or Dino. Dante was Dante in DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4 and Dante is Dante in DmC. I'm sorry but this whole shebang of 'it isn't our Dante' is so worn out, I'm surprised people are still flaunting it around. He says his name is Dante, so why call him something else? NT said they're going to have him recognised as the Dante we all know by the end of the game, and yet fans STILL receive that as an 'omen' or turn it into something negative. Seeing as it's going to be about his origins, prequel to the DMC games, there is no way NT can give us the Dante we know.

I'm really looking forward to what they bring us, because there is such great potential, and I would LOVE to see Dante trying to find his purpose in life. I mean up until he was faced with Lady in DMC3, he had NO direction whatsoever. He only went up the tower to play around with Vergil, until Lady gave him a goal to strive for eg. stopping Vergil from unlocking the portal. Before that he was just there to have a good time killing demons and fighting his brother. I mean really, when I watched it the first time I was confused as to what the hell Dante thinks he's doing there at all.

Anyway, I love Dante in every shape and form he's come in. I love DMC1 Dante's humour and seriousness, I love DMC2's quiet and cutthroat Dante, I love DMC3 Dante's careless attitude and abs, I love DMC4 Dante's stubble, pants, shirt, and his childish wit, and I love DmC Dante's endurance (I mean, day 13? That's a damn long time to last when you're being tortured for information), his cool but not over-the-top fight styles, his violent quirks (the cigarette in the demons' face was pretty juvenile), his screams (I mean when does 'our' Dante ever scream or show he's also human and subject to physical pain? NEVER!'Our' Dante would also never get caught and stay captive for over a week while being mal-treated by his captors - in essence, 'our' Dante would get out of there, easy, and where's the fun in that?) and I never thought I'd say this, but I even like the sound of his voice. And that's saying a lot cos I'm a major :wub: Reuben-for-Dante :wub: fan.

The fact that I have watched the trailer over 100 times (really, no lie) and still manage to get pumped for this game every time I watch it is enough to convince everyone in my household that I'm a Dante fan through-and-through. I was slightly put off by the non-white hair at first, but really I LOVED the trailer from the first time I pushed 'play' to watch it. It's a no-brainer that when the game is released with its special edition or whatever, I'm going to be the first in line to buy it and play it, and I'm confident I'll love it.

The Dino and Nante thing is really getting watered down now. It's DANTE.

...grief, I'm going to carry a badge around like I did with 'It's STEFAN, not Stephen'.

Well said +rep ^_^

Adding in agreement to your points, there is only one Dante. This can't be DINO (Dante In Name Only) as, he is actually 'the' Dante we have known since Devil May Cry One, Two, Three and Four. So to say he is not the same, isn't actually true. Those who say that this is just DINO, are really just saying (I hope the only thing similar about this guy is that his name is Dante) Then when you look at the following two points I am going to make, you will see that he is not.

For one thing, they wouldn't 'Reboot' the series, and still call the guy Dante. If they wanted to start it all again, they would still keep the same characters and names and such. They would still call the guy Dante. They would literally be saying 'This is how we want Dante to be'. So if they have scrapped the past Dante, then this is more the true Dante they wanted us to have. Or are now wanting us to have. So regardless to the fact that he may not be Dante from the other Devil May Cry games. He is still called Dante, and still designed/redesigned in the image they originally wished to portray. So in their eyes, old Dante is like how we would view new Dante - Not how Dante should be.

On another note, if this is set before Devil May Cry 3, then it is still going to be Dante. They're not going to scrap the actual real Dante, and add a new guy who is also called Dante, and make a game of that. That's like saying the Reboot to the Franchise was only to go on about a new guy with exactly the same name. Ridiculous, nobody would do that, and nobody would want that.

And further agreeing to your points M_V. Dante in Devil May Cry Three showed up to find out what his brother was doing. He only went to follow him. He wasn't on a serious mission beforehand or anything. These characters just showed up out of the blue. Whether Dante had information that something would go down, is not known to us. Why? Because they didn't explain what was going on before Devil May Cry Three. Dante was just meant to be Dante. He was meant to already be beginning his ventures in the Demonic World. Well that can't be possible. He wouldn't just be sat in his shop thinking 'I know I have to kill demons and such, and now I have to wait for my brother to show up and start trouble for me to go save the World'. He was just sat there, doing whatever.

I really wanted to understand more about him. And think about it. Dante didn't have his Devil Trigger awoken until Devil May Cry Three. That means before the game, he was far more human than Demon/Devil. Making him subject to pain and such other things. Look at trailers. Even as more of a human character, he still kills demons like they are nothing. Relying on just his strength, and no true experience etc. He still manages to kick ass. I am gathering that who he faces is going to be tough, but I bet he destroys them. I bet he proves that no matter what state he may be in, he'll always be strong in heart and mind. Dante is a Legend. This will just prove it more so.

And it's Dante, end of story. Fact.

/Case closed

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Master Vergil;281968 said:
Ahem.
I mean up until he was faced with Lady in DMC3, he had NO direction whatsoever. He only went up the tower to play around with Vergil, until Lady gave him a goal to strive for eg. stopping Vergil from unlocking the portal. Before that he was just there to have a good time killing demons and fighting his brother. I mean really, when I watched it the first time I was confused as to what the hell Dante thinks he's doing there at all.

In the beginning of DMC3, Arkham came to Dante with the "invitation".. Dante had to check what Vergil was doing after the temen-ni-gru erupts from the ground.. And his goal was already to stop Vergil and whatever he was doing!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante only accepted the invitation because he had nothing better to do.

It was all pretty much a big joke to him; Vergil sending him an 'invitation', Dante spewing nonsense about 'this party's getting crazy' and 'you sure know how to throw a party' - he was messing around.

He didn't have a goal until he said to Lady 'but because of you I know what's important now' eg. HEY I've woken up and smelled the coffee, well waddya know! Only then did Dante start to take things seriously and stopped his annoying lame jokes about parties, because he'd found his goal. There was no funny banter between him and Vergil after that either, because Vergil recognised Dante's intention to stop him, and Dante himself said his soul is telling him to stop Vergil. Dante had NO GOAL at the beginning of DMC3.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
OMG massive +rep for the Dante love spreading Master Vergil :wub: :wub: :wub:
I didn't think I could but I think I love him even more now. :wub: I too am really interested in seeing Dante trying to find his purpose in life your rant has made me feel a lot better about the game. Thanks! :wub:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Also also also massive + rep to LoD for his post too. I'd been wondering about the Devil Trigger thing and if it would be there or not. I guess the word 'reboot' means anything can happen?

fon

Crazy Chick
I feel kinda guilty for calling him Dino now ;___;
I know that he's Dante but I only started to use "Dino" because it was annoying to talk with others by calling him "new Dante". The name Dino was just more convienient so fans who still haven't accepted him knew who I was talking about =___=""
Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom