• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante and Claire

Luciax

In the Novel Dante was dating a Girl named Claire. Is she the same Claire from Resident Evil? I read somewhere she's a reference to her, but I was not sure so I wanted to ask you.

Poor Guy. Even that Relationship didn't last for long.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Most likely a inside joke considering Dante's character was originally Leon for the initial prototype version of Resident Evil 4 so having him have a girlfriend named Claire seems to be a obvious joke on that considering Leon and Claire's relationship while not romantic is the source of plenty fanfiction and debate given their partnership and chemistry in escaping Racoon City.

Luciax

Most likely a inside joke considering Dante's character was originally Leon for the initial prototype version of Resident Evil 4 so having him have a girlfriend named Claire seems to be a obvious joke on that considering Leon and Claire's relationship while not romantic is the source of plenty fanfiction and debate given their partnership and chemistry in escaping Racoon City.

Thank you! Do you know if that novel is canon or not?

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's certainly become way more ambiguous since Gru, Nell and the events of the novel now did happen but with the events of that taking place just before the events of DMC1 and Vergil showing up years before it can no longer be Gilver who did all of it. Gru's daughters are also at an odd age since if they are as young as it says in the novel they are only 10 to 12 years older than their novel counterparts and since the novel takes place before Dante gets his guns, it's how he got his guns, it means that it couldn't have been 10 to 12 years since DMC3, which also makes no sense since Patty is 18 now and was around 10 to, at most, 13 in the anime. The timeline for DMC is even more convoluted now that before. At Least as far as we know. With all the changes they might actually have a cohesive and cemented way the events went down but we're kind of in the dark about it. At least that's my hope because otherwise they did all this fanservice just to make everything rather convoluted.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@berto
It's a common problem in Marvel/DC comics. It would've been better if they adapted the novel more fully and edited it to fit the post DMC3 canon. Them doing it in 5 was nice but it felt more like trivia than an essential part of the story.

An episode of the anime would've been better.

Top Bottom