• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Custom DmC Challenge

So, all the people with DmC that can record video? We should do a thread for a specific wave of enemies and post our best videos dispatching them. And then we can vote on the one we find most entertaining. Anyone interested in doing that?

For example, I did this little challenge with Dante DMD no damage no devil trigger 2 dreamrunners + witch. And then a few people posted the same fight with their own methods.

Btw, I kinda wish vergil had a slow mo dodge effect, cuz its So goddamn epic, every damn time you do an air dodge with Dante it looks boss.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I've set Myself My own challenge there recently; Raw Dante (No health upgrades, no Devil Trigger upgrades, no Damage increase upgrades) DMD run. Should be fun!

I've had to start a new game in Slot 2 to quickly run through Nephilim and Son of Sparda difficulty to unlock DMD, but I've made sure to not do or get any of the side collectibles to ensure base health and devil trigger.

I've also disabled both evades, both Angel and Demon (especially Demon!)

I've set Myself My own challenge there recently; Raw Dante (No health upgrades, no Devil Trigger upgrades, no Damage increase upgrades) DMD run. Should be fun!

I've had to start a new game in Slot 2 to quickly run through Nephilim and Son of Sparda difficulty to unlock DMD, but I've made sure to not do or get any of the side collectibles to ensure base health and devil trigger.

I've also disabled both evades, both Angel and Demon (especially Demon!)

Jeez, that seems unnecessarily hardcore. Make Video. Although, I rather you just not worry about it and do no damage :p. With Demon Dodge level 2 buff removed.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Jeez, that seems unnecessarily hardcore. Make Video. Although, I rather you just not worry about it and do no damage :p. With Demon Dodge level 2 buff removed.
I've really wanted to push Myself, so this was the best I could come up with. I believe Mundus will be able to one-shot Me if he hits Me. Awesome!

And I do plan to make a video, chop each mission up into separate videos. I'll be doing it as Current Dante, f*ck the Classic. :devil:

I've really wanted to push Myself, so this was the best I could come up with. I believe Mundus will be able to one-shot Me if he hits Me. Awesome!

And I do plan to make a video, chop each mission up into separate videos. I'll be doing it as Current Dante, f*ck the Classic. :devil:
lol classic dante was me being cheeky for views. I'm pretty good with tags, and I know which ones get your video to rise to the top. :p

It looks good, but I would prefer not to have it, to be honest... sorry. >_<
:p even without a damage boost, I just love the air dodge, try this for me. :p go to mundus spawn fight and do an demon air dodge towards the screen, (dante facing spawn, and air dodge towards you) when he takes a swing at you. Tell me you don't feel like the ultimate bad ass and that Dante doesn't look like he should, ****ing boss.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
:p even without a damage boost, I just love the air dodge, try this for me. :p go to mundus spawn fight and do an demon air dodge towards the screen, (dante facing spawn, and air dodge towards you) when he takes a swing at you. Tell me you don't feel like the ultimate bad ass and that Dante doesn't look like he should, ******* boss.

Yes, it does look and feel great, but I simply prefer a normal "boring" (Vergil) dash than a badass spectacle dodge.

That, and I'm still sore about the lack of Royalguard. The Royalguard Release could have been slow-mo... or maybe they could have just made the Demon Dodge slow-mo once in a while while making it extra fast (even faster than Angel Dodge) for the other times that the slow-motion effect isn't there.

It's just a matter of taste in this case.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You're probably right. Doesn't fit with his playstyle as much either.

Yeah, and it doesn't "break the flow" (I know Dante doesn't the "slow-down" time frame still effects me a little) as much, either. I forgot to mention that in my previous post. So long.

Victormaru

Technologist
I did this little challenge with Dante DMD no damage no devil trigger 2 dreamrunners + witch. And then a few people posted the same fight with their own methods.

Btw, I kinda wish vergil had a slow mo dodge effect, cuz its So goddamn epic, every damn time you do an air dodge with Dante it looks boss.
Damn, you looked like a boss. They should've just made that as one of the actual challenges in the "Secret Missions", lol. Makes me want to try this now, but I've playing Vergil's Downfall DLC all week. I'm working on Vergil Must Die right now. Playing as Dante again feels weird after playing as Vergil for so long. Plus I haven't even beaten Son of Sparda to unlock Dante Must Die yet, but when I do I might try this challenge. By the way, which Mission is this?

The developers must've considered a slo-mo effect for Vergil's Perfect Evade but they probably thought it would've looked weird 'cause Vergil's perfect dodging animation is just him quickly ducking in the same position. You'll know if you've mis-timed the dodge when Vergil does the regular Evade / Trick teleport animation. It looks more epic with Dante since his Evade and Perfect Evade animations are the same.

Victormaru

Technologist
How have you not done DMD yet? That's the best mode with Dante :p
I started on Son of Sparda and then got sort of tired of the game, but at the same time anxious to play Vergil's Downfall. I mean after all that Dante play I was just like, "Dammit when is Capcom going to give us Vergil?!" Then after Downfall was released I've been on that non-stop. I've actually just completed Vergil Must Die and I'm on Vergil's Hell and Hell right now. :p

I'll be going back to complete Dante's difficulties eventually though. I've learned a lot with Vergil and I can transfer my skills onto Dante to become an even better Dante player than I was before.

Good Job. But I claim ownership of Hollow Vergil, 130,000 style points on VMD :p :)

Although, nice show offey dodging of giant blades. That's how the real Vergil would do it.

you on xbox or ps3? Whats your total score looking like as well.

PC, I think I'm honestly the real number 1 on all vergil fights, because the scores above me are all obvious cheaters.

Vergil Must Die
Score: 130,415 SSS
Time: 1:48 SSS
Completion: SSS
Total Score: 8,336,560

For Hell and Hell
Score: 81,068
Time: 1:35
Completion: SSS
Total Score: 5,188,352

My Total Score Overall is 436,978,880

Here's some tips if you want to maximize your score on Vergil.

Top Bottom