• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crytek Embarrasses IGN Over Crysis 2

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
FTR-Crysis-2-Street-Ambush.jpg

http://consolepress.com/main/category/news/
A developer’s integrity means everything, and they will do anything to keep the public’s perception of their games as truthful as possible. Gaming website IGN.com published an article aimed at criticizing the PS3 version of Crysis 2, something that developer Crytek had little choice but to respond to.

IGN stated the following:
“The performance of the PS3 version is pretty underwhelming. The framerate is frequently low and choppy. There are jagged lines everywhere, and shadows are especially messy. There’s a muddiness to the graphics that’s hard to stomach in the wake of the PS3′s other flagship showpieces, and worse, the variable framerate really hurts controller response.”
The game’s executive producer, Nathan Camarillo, responded to IGN’s article by stating:
“I’ve gone on the record saying that if you stick PS3 and 360 side by side I would challenge anyone to find any meaningful difference. I don’t see it at all.”
FTR-Crysis-2-Night-Fight.jpg

IGN admitted that “This build could be a few weeks to a few months old, and optimization is often rapid and pronounced toward the end of a game’s development period.” The site should have probably asked Crytek for the exact age of the demo they were playing, because right now it’s Crytek’s word against their’s. We’ll find out how the retail version of Crysis 2 looks and plays when it releases next Thursday, and finally be able to determine who was telling the truth, IGN or Crytek.

Source: http://consolepress.com/main/2011/03/17/crytek-embarrasses-ign-over-crysis-2/

Reactions: Meg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Exactly. I wouldn't really rely on IGN or trust them entirely, since they only review games. Crytek is in the right here.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I like that Crytek stood up to them and it all depends on the builds age as ive seen a video of the 360 version side by side with PS3 version and then 360 version side by side with PC version. PC version is obviously leaps and bounds above the console versions but from what the video shows IGN were exactly right. As the shadow effects and lighting were underwhelming and the draw distance and fog effects when in water had notable differences. From the varying opinions of many publications it must have been an old build has multiple places reported that the PS3 version had issues but then when the final build was reviewed by some sites and mags they didnt mention them.

However if it is an old build of the demo running on the PS3 with the issues then fair enough however why did PS3 get an older build than 360 and PC for its demo? That would then be the question. Shall have to wait and see for the verdict on the full game on all platforms on the sites that did criticise it.

I have preordered the game and its in the post right now and im looking forward to it.

Top Bottom