• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crazy combo moves

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Does anyone else wish these had returned in 5 for dante? I specifically bring this up remembering the mash move for beowolf where hed start with kicks and then begin a flurry of punches. I wish gilgamesh had something like this or just the crazy combo moves in general where mashing gives you an upragded version of the move.

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Yeah but not as a mashing mechanic. I'd rather them being a hold the button thing.
Nah holding a button to do alotta moves has never been dmcs thing. I think they just gotta make it more leniant with how fast you gotta mash. Especially on turbo mode. I could NEVER madh fast enough to get em to come out with that turned on

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nah holding a button to do alotta moves has never been dmcs thing.

I don't see it. Holding inputs have been in DMC for years. DT explosion was a hold move. Nevan bat charging was a hold. Drive was a hold. Charge shots are a hold. Judgment Cut is a hold. Round Trip. Welter stance is a hold. A lot of King Cerberus' moves are holds. And probably other things that I can't remember right now.

I think they just gotta make it more leniant with how fast you gotta mash.

That could create problems with the buffer mechanic for some players actually. I know I had some problems with the Style Switcher mod when I went and modified that parameter.

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I don't see it. Holding inputs have been in DMC for years. DT explosion was a hold move. Nevan bat charging was a hold. Drive was a hold. Charge shots are a hold. Judgment Cut is a hold. Round Trip. Welter stance is a hold. A lot of King Cerberus' moves are holds. And probably other things that I can't remember right now.

That could create problems with the buffer mechanic for some players actually. I know I had some problems with the Style Switcher mod when I went and modified that parameter.
Yeah but difference is all of those are chargable moves. With the exception of neven its always been hold moves will be stronger but youve never been able to pull eccentric moves wity something as simple as a button hold.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
With the exception of neven its always been hold moves will be stronger but youve never been able to pull eccentric moves wity something as simple as a button hold.

You have, just look at King Cerberus. Judgment Cut. Round Trip. Spiral Swords. Possibly more. These are not charge moves that get stronger as you hold the button, these are moves that are straight up triggered by a button hold, and bufferable just like 3's crazy combos. Some of them have been in DMC for years.
And actually - I can't believe I only remembered about this now - forget even about all those, a perfect example of the point I'm making was already in DMC4 as well, with Stinger being able to be canceled into Million Stab by holding the attack button while bringing the stick back to neutral mid Stinger animation. That stuff was literally, exactly the crazy combo you could already pull off from Stinger in DMC3 if you remember, just done with holding rather than mashing. They did this again for Vergil's Force Edge Stinger in the SE, in his case even eliminating the requirement of bringing the stick back to neutral after the directional Stinger input. You can just keep holding Y as you input Stinger and Million Stab will come out.

DMC already did what I suggested in the past, literally porting a crazy combo from 3 to 4 but with a holding input. For some reason they decided to only bring back the Million Stab one though, so in the future I'd like to see them come back in full as a concept, with the DMC4 type input. Would sure spare a lot of cramps and carpal tunnel issues for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Capcom has been toning down button mashing these days.

Back then, you will need to mash the button to keep moves like Shredder or Rain Storm active.
Now you can just hold the button.

Stinger-to-Million Stab required a button mash cancel but now cancelling into a Million Stab is a single button press.
Million Stab itself is a part of Combo II of Rebellion, so there's no need for any "cancelling".

Capcom probably realizes from feedback or play-testing that button mashing tires players out more, which explains the reduction and changes in certain inputs.

Hungry Alien

I have to admit, I kinda liked mashing buttons to do a move involving striking the enemy multiple times. I was like forgetting everything and focusing only on keeping the beatdown up, and it has some charm for me. It's simple, yet so satisfying, like a Jojo ora ora ora sequence.

I know that it cause problem for some players, but I would be glad to see the button mashing features return for a specific "flurry of fist" move. Maybe with a twist that speed up the attack the more you smash the button. This input fits those kind of attack imo, but shouldn't be generalized to "charging" moves or even more common attack like Million Stab

Top Bottom