• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Control freaks

KRSkull

Ok i know that there is a big chance that i might get banned for bringing this up. But i didn't have a choice.

You see yesterday i joined a forum i spent a good time there and i made a friend. and all went good. And today when i woke up in the morning and logged into that forum i wasn't able to log in. i talked to my friend and he talked to the admins on there and this is what they told him."He was banned for not using proper english."

when i red that I was like- Dude! English isn't my mother language and i have spent 20 years learning it and i am still learning it. and i have already explained that in my introduction thread. and he was like "sorry there is nothing i can do." this isn't just in that forum it is all over the internet. It drives me crazy.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Your a member of the DevilMayCry forums where a very large majority is friendly & respectful, from members to mods & administrators.
So don't worry about one backwards pit hole of a forum like them, your accepted & respected here.
that is so true......this forum is awesome its so friendly and all of us are equal.....so dont worry bro and look at this this way its there loss for losing an awesome member :)

KRSkull

I am not worried or sad that i got banned from that forum. Its just that you try to do your best and its just not enough. I mean you give 100% of you skills and all what you get is Next time try harder. i am not sure exactly what that means.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sounds like a forum that dont really respect their members, they just want to be known as being hardasses for the sake of it. Some forums get well known for doing things like that (The Escapist Forums) where you can be banned for pretty much anything. Maybe they want to be 'one' of those forums, but without something to keep members there you are just being an ass.

KRSkull

Its not just forums. this thing happens in youtube, Facebook, even emails. i mean come on we are humans. we are not perfect. To make things worse someone i know joined one of these forum where you have to pay to become a member. and she posted a thread there. and after that she got a lot of hating messages from admins and members. she left the forum and they kept sending her hating emails from them.

and it makes me wonder as a community what can we do?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Its not just forums. this thing happens in youtube, Facebook, even emails. i mean come on we are humans. we are not perfect. To make things worse someone i know joined one of these forum where you have to pay to become a member. and she posted a thread there. and after that she got a lot of hating messages from admins and members. she left the forum and they kept sending her hating emails from them.

and it makes me wonder as a community what can we do?

Never heard of forums you have to pay to even become a member of, sounds a little upfront to me. I understand paying for special features and privileges but not to simply be a member without some decent things for doing so. People should simply avoid forums that get reputations like that and ignore trolls on Youtube and Facebook etc, they have block member features for a reason.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ok i know that there is a big chance that i might get banned for bringing this up. But i didn't have a choice.

when i red that I was like- Dude! English isn't my mother language and i have spent 20 years learning it and i am still learning it. and i have already explained that in my introduction thread. and he was like "sorry there is nothing i can do." this isn't just in that forum it is all over the internet. It drives me crazy.
I am not worried or sad that i got banned from that forum. Its just that you try to do your best and its just not enough. I mean you give 100% of you skills and all what you get is Next time try harder. i am not sure exactly what that means.

Get banned. Here? For making this thread? lol have you SEEN the threads we make here?

English isn't my mother language either, despite having written hundreds of novel-length stories in English for the past 15 or so years, being married to an English man, and now living in a country where the predominant language is English and then Maori. I haven't come across anyone telling me off for not using 'proper' language online, but in real life? Dude I can't tell you how many times I have to repeat myself for people to understand what I'm saying. And it goes vice versa, I sometimes have to practically lip read to understand what is being said to me. That awkward moment when you just kinda stare at each other uncomfortably and feel like giving up communication... lol. It's funny but very embarrassing.

The upside is that for the most part people AREN'T jerks to you when you speak broken English. People have a lot more 'courage' to do so online than in real life because you can hide your identity online. You won't be held accountable for being a jerkwad. You need to keep that in mind when people get nasty.

And I know the feeling of trying your best and being shot down for it. All you CAN do is your BEST. If someone doesn't like your best effort, then they're not worth it. Next time - what next time? Take your skills somewhere it will be appreciated (like here), you don't have to put up with smack talk like that.

Plus, Dreadnaught DT was really awesome in helping The Crazy Demon fine tune his English when they first joined the forum. I remember because I struggled to understand what TCD was trying to say, but DT was pretty good because after a while, TCD's English really excelled.

Oh. And seriously, your English is not bad, so I don't know what those people were on about.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
that happened to me on another forum not for speaking but tbh no reason at all i sent a couple of messages which had no swearing very clear and polite then i get banned so i just said hell with this forum im gone

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not being funny but if someone posts on our boards and it's a little on the unintelligible side because English isn't their first language, we just tend to take a bit longer reading it. Anyone with a scrap of patience and literacy can do that and if the worse comes to the worst, staff have, in the past, quietly edited a post so that it makes more sense. I know I have - not to embarrass anyone but to help the rest of the community include that person rather than ignore their posts.

If ever you join a forum where the staff behave like that - leave. Just go. Forums can be run by anyone and whilst we are very careful who we "employ" here, as it were, not everywhere is. For some it's one big ego trip and they just enjoy making other people look and feel small because they have their own inferiority complexes. They are also usually the same people who trash-talk in games and try to boot anyone they don't want to play with either because they're too good or not good enough.

Here we have a policy of posts being in English or at least with a translation included because the majority language/audience speak English at some level. However, if someone were to struggle with specific words or phrasing because they don't know the language very well, there are a tonne of people on here who would be happy and willing to help that person out - and the staff are happy to help too.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Not being funny but if someone posts on our boards and it's a little on the unintelligible side because English isn't their first language, we just tend to take a bit longer reading it. Anyone with a scrap of patience and literacy can do that and if the worse comes to the worst, staff have, in the past, quietly edited a post so that it makes more sense. I know I have - not to embarrass anyone but to help the rest of the community include that person rather than ignore their posts.

If ever you join a forum where the staff behave like that - leave. Just go. Forums can be run by anyone and whilst we are very careful who we "employ" here, as it were, not everywhere is. For some it's one big ego trip and they just enjoy making other people look and feel small because they have their own inferiority complexes. They are also usually the same people who trash-talk in games and try to boot anyone they don't want to play with either because they're too good or not good enough.

Here we have a policy of posts being in English or at least with a translation included because the majority language/audience speak English at some level. However, if someone were to struggle with specific words or phrasing because they don't know the language very well, there are a tonne of people on here who would be happy and willing to help that person out - and the staff are happy to help too.
amen to that

shame none of thoes people are hear to read this and change their ways

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well Im also responding in this thread. In Polish internet anyone who have other personality or is maded to be awesome was always casted as outcast, these words are mine as I have no haven in Polish webboards forums or sites. I more liked English for reason that they accepted originality and even I maded on some of them friends.

Top Bottom