• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confirmed: Ninja Theory Working On New Capcom GAme

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Hell

Must Die
DMC4 was a little messed up because the producer actually wanted it to appeal to females, he tuned down the violence & made it FFish, he said that in an intervew but I'm not in the mood to find it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The advantage of outsourcing to another studio (especially a non-Japanese one) is that they can bring in a brand new perspective to both the gameplay and story,

This ^ is what I'm dubious/afraid of. Most of the game series I'm a fan of/have followed since 1995 have been made by Japanese studios. I like their take on games, characters and attention to detail. I'm worried that a non-Japanese studio will simply kill the spark and depth of their games. I don't really want a brand new approach to DMC. I want the same approach as they took in 1 and 3 but with new plots and locations and interesting developments/revelations in the DMCverse.

Also, I'm worried CAPCOM will simply start following the likes of Activision in its new business model - i.e. release sequels and put as little effort as possible in with the goal of making as much money out (plugging DLC). We know Activision doesn't like to take risks and that its boss doesn't even care about games - he's in it purely for the money and for squeezing as much as he can out of players. I know it's probably inevitable CAPCOM do this to an extent as well, as it's good business. But still, it sucks when creativity takes a back seat to corporate greed.

King of Hell

Must Die
capcom has been like this for the last five years, they made me buy RE5 three times (console, PC, Gold Edition) & DMC4 twice (console, PC). & I'm sure a lot of people did as I did.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You're right, but the games industry is finally being recognised and shamelessly pounced on as a (very) lucrative cash cow. Game companies in the past never used to be quite so brazen about wanting to fleece us. I admit, it makes me mad when I hear a gaming company thinks me buying a game at full price isn't enough for the privilege of playing it - now I just expect many of them will be making half a game and selling it as the single-player, plugging DLC scenarios as the rest of it, while charging probably not once for use of the servers, but twice, for use of the DLC and access to extra levels, story revelations, etc. I know this isn't exactly news but I think the precedent is being set as we type for most other major games companies to really start exploiting gamers. As far as Activision goes I almost get the feeling they want to turn Call of Duty into WoW, because their boss seems to want a game that pays them continually for our using it. I hope other gaming companies aren't as crazily jacked-up on the idea of profit as they are. They might well ruin their beloved CoD series at this rate.

To be honest I don't buy many games anymore, so it's unlikely to bug me that much, and I'm not a big online gamer on consoles. Still, it annoys me.

Outsourcing I can appreciate, if they put effort into a full-length game for single players and not just put all their efforts into making a hook that will lure us into paying for yet something else.

King of Hell

Must Die
the sad thing is, they keep doing this to us & we still allow them...its not like we have a choice anyway. I got the PC version of DMC4 just for LDK mode. what mostly ****ed me off was buying RE5 three times, after I got the PC version I sold the other one, & then I had to buy RE5 gold edition, I had to buy RE5 for the THIRD TIME. ok I get why they released DLC content, but why not release the pack for the PC?

you're right, they're starting to release games incomplete on purpose, they're planning on sucking our wallets just for an epilogue DLC (like prince of persia), the game had no clear ending, the ending was sold separately, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. some companies are starting to sell the online features of their games separately too. soon enough, we'll be buying DMC6 on a mission-by-mission basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom