• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confirmation on Devil May Cry 4 timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Well, I remember there were a bunch of people who damn near swore that the time line would be placing DMC4 as the latest game, and others saying it was DMC2 that was the last in the timeline. Well, to support my theory I expressed a while back (don't even remember what thread it was in) that there will be a bunch of fans saying that (again) the person we see in DMC2 is in fact not Dante but an imposter, something about a reporter. Well, I stated a while back how now all these people will be saying it's Nero we see in DMC2...Well, I just got a PSM in the mail today, and the timeline goes DMC3, 1, 4, 2-so it would fit.

Also, it talks about Dante wiping out members of the religious cult, and I qoute, "Why is he doing this? We don't know, but Nero's mission is to stop Dante, no matter what it takes (however, given the fact that this game takes place after DMC1 and before DMC2, we surmise that Dante will ultimately survive his inevitable encounter with Nero - or will he?)."

That is exactly word for word what it said. So that just gives more support to the theory. I personally still believe it was Dante and people don't want to believe it cause the game sucked. Bad.

One other thing real quick, it also said "The Tokyo Game Show demo let us kick demon ass in gothic and grungy future settings - could there be some time travel going on?" Okay that just opened up a whole new can of worms. Opinions?

machindix

Re: Confirmation on timeline

jigsaw_541;8225 said:
Well, I remember there were a bunch of people who damn near swore that the time line would be placing DMC4 as the latest game, and others saying it was DMC2 that was the last in the timeline.

Capcom clearly stated that the time line is 3--> 1-->4 -->2 in the earliest interviews I read. The people who claimed DMC4 was after DMC2 weren't able to give any physical evidence so I never believed in them. They only tell us that "Capcom changed their minds", which is something I really doubt would happen because if Capcom wanted to make any changes as important as changing the time line itself, they would have at least make a public announcement. Thank for clearing this up. :)

jigsaw_541;8225 said:
One other thing real quick, it also said "The Tokyo Game Show demo let us kick demon ass in gothic and grungy future settings - could there be some time travel going on?" Okay that just opened up a whole new can of worms. Opinions?

Grungy future settings? o_O Does that mean grungy futuristic or just grungy modern? Since DMC4 is going to be the longest of the series, I doubt Nero well just be wondering in Fortuna for the whole game. Maybe we'll be able to explore other parts of the city.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

machindix;8226 said:
Capcom clearly stated that the time line is 3--> 1-->4 -->2 in the earliest interviews I read. The people who claimed DMC4 was after DMC2 weren't able to give any physical evidence so I never believed in them. They only tell us that "Capcom changed their minds", which is something I really doubt would happen because if Capcom wanted to make any changes as important as changing the time line itself, they would have at least make a public announcement. Thank for clearing this up. :)

Grungy future settings? o_O Does that mean grungy futuristic or just grungy modern? Since DMC4 is going to be the longest of the series, I doubt Nero well just be wondering in Fortuna for the whole game. Maybe we'll be able to explore other parts of the city.

the order of storyline of DMC is wrong..........u must think first after writting dude................i am giving my opinion

Vergil2006

three was pretty predictable in way that time went, but i thought 4 was after 2

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!

Any clue why they made 4 before 2 instead of after? Since three is a prequel to one, is four a prequel to two??? Why not just continue the story?

HaveANiceDay

Serious business.

I think they kinda want to pretend that 2 never happened...just look at the ending of 2.You can't really make something cool outta that.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger

It was so bad I can't even remember the ending of 2, to tell you the truth, I couldn't even play Lucia's disk, I sad fVck that! Anywho, yea I don't know what they are planning with this, but 4 is before 2. So thats that.

machindix

DarkSlayer;8273 said:
Any clue why they made 4 before 2 instead of after? Since three is a prequel to one, is four a prequel to two??? Why not just continue the story?

I see no other reason than wanting to preserve Dante as he is now in appearance. If they make 4 a prequel, Dante wouldn't have to age anymore than he was in 2, so the whole "old Snake" thing probaly wouldn't happen again...

I'm just guessing though, since 2 is so out of the main plot line. 3--> 1--> 4--> 2 or 3--> 1--> 2--> 4 doesn't really make any difference storywise. You might as will take 2 out and it wouldn't affect anything so I don't see why Capcom should be so intent on making a prequel... unless 4 turns out to have some kind of ties with 2... :sick:

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

jigsaw_541;8280 said:
Maybe Lucia has something to do in DMC4! NOT!

we dont know...............but Lucia could show in DMC4 in suprise............maybe Sony didnt tell that Lucia will be in DMC4

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!

machindix;8278 said:
I see no other reason than wanting to preserve Dante as he is now in appearance. If they make 4 a prequel, Dante wouldn't have to age anymore than he was in 2, so the whole "old Snake" thing probaly wouldn't happen again...

I'm just guessing though, since 2 is so out of the main plot line. 3--> 1--> 4--> 2 or 3--> 1--> 2--> 4 doesn't really make any difference storywise. You might as will take 2 out and it wouldn't affect anything so I don't see why Capcom should be so intent on making a prequel... unless 4 turns out to have some kind of ties with 2... :sick:

That's what I was thinking, why put it before 2 when you could just as easily put it after:huh: ... Unless, like you said, it has some kind of connection with 2.:unsure:

Now I'm really anxious to know the storyline for 4.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

DarkSlayer;8310 said:
That's what I was thinking, why put it before 2 when you could just as easily put it after:huh: ... Unless, like you said, it has some kind of connection with 2.:unsure:

Now I'm really anxious to know the storyline for 4.

welcome to the club mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom