• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Complete Vergil's Downfall gameplay (english) with no comments...

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Thanks. I have watched the yulugan walkthrough of this and the guy sucks. I haven't even finished part 3 of his walkthrough.

Were other people involved in making this DLC? The gameplay looks how should I say? Polished? Looks like a step up from Dante, it could be because it's a different character with a different move set. I noticed enemies also attack you when they're off screen too.

Terrutas

Were other people involved in making this DLC? The gameplay looks how should I say? Polished? Looks like a step up from Dante, it could be because it's a different character with a different move set. I noticed enemies also attack you when they're off screen too.
Yeah,and animations are not sluggish anymore. it's pretty cool if you ask me.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
The fight between Hollow Vergil and Vergil reminds me of this

bleach_ichigo1043.jpg

Even the place looks a bit like Heuco Mundo! Co-incidence? Nope! That was pure intentional :cool:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I honestly lol'd at Hollow Vergil. But quite frankly i find it quite interesting even though it's a little borrowed from bleach.

Avenged Sorrow

Dark Slayer
the one animation i didnt like and laughed at was when Vergil is holding his arm and you take off running he acts perfectly fine

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

A valid concern. I just like that they slowly worked the old look in, to stretch the suspension of disbelief enough for people to be able to buy into that anime look.

Well, I think he just corrupted it. And when Hollow Vergil went back into his body, his heart went back as well. Only this time, it was just... a different heart. Different enough to turn him.

I believe the giant heart worked as more or less as a "display screen". It wasn't his actual heart, it was just there to monitor his progress.

Jane Sweetbee

Really awesome, now that's the Vergil I know but...the final boss reminds me of the bleach series, I mean, even the ''hollow vergil'' and the stage look's like hueco mundo, it reminded a lot, still, very cool.

Is Eva really there?or this is a kind of dream?because if she really is there, she can be saved, and so is Sparda....
The place Vergil visited is the hell, not his dream. Eva told Vergil he is dead and trapped in "this" place like her. But he has a chance to get out.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The place Vergil visited is the hell, not his dream. Eva told Vergil he is dead and trapped in "this" place like her. But he has a chance to get out.
As Eva is in hell does this mean Sparda could be locked there too? Not dead, but as part of his punishment. Also would that mean Mundus and Lilith are there? They died so maybe they are wandering around in spirit form.

Meier

I'm kind of sad that this got leaked, but its close to release anyway. One thing I think should excite people is that the gameplay is much harder in Vergil's downfall than it was in DmC. Also, the two dodge buttons do different things ;). Oh and no demon dodge for those style rankings boost. Gotta earn it the old fashioned way.

My advice is to avoid the spoilers, this thread entirely, and enjoy this journey firsthand. Your interpretation of events is equally as important as what is presented in cutscenes. It just means that much more.

Top Bottom