• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Come up with more toys for demon hunting girls and boys

Viper

Premium
While thinking up story ideas I thought to myself, if Vergil somehow came back and with Yamato being in Nero's possesion for good, what kind of a weapon would be suitable for him?

I once did made an alternative katana for him, inspired by Raijin, god of storm and thunder. It's cutting ability was not on the level of Yamato, but it had the power that if he slashed the air with his focus on the opponent it would send a gust of wind, and for few moments the opponent would be shaken by electricity. Also, touching the blade would send electric sparks as well, though not as strong as the before mentioned attack. (Come to think of it, there might have been a bit of Kojima's Raiden in this as well, who in turn is also inspired by Raijin)

What do you think, what kind of weapons could Vergil use?

And not just Vergil, what alternative weapons could other characters use?

(Don't go focusing on Dante now, was thinking about him too and realized that baby has more toys than he'll ever need XD )

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well for Vergil, in a concept project that I'm workin on in my free time, he has the "Dark Angel" which he aquired from defeating the remnant of Nelo Angelo (which was born from the Knight Demons in DMC4), it's essentially like Yamato but with charge capabilities, kinda like DmC Vergil with a Nelo Angelo Moveset.
When just charged or just fully charged it would reform the blade of Nelo Angelo with blue flames, otherwise it is just a Katana with the color palette of his.

Otherwise I'd give him his summoned swords as a replacement, functioning like a hybrid range and melee weapon.
The moveset would be inspired by agni and rudra as well as lucifer, with a few new tidbits here and there.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I can see someone like Vergil wielding a kusarigama. He's someone who either stands in place and unleashes a series of slashes at enemies from a distance, or dives in and out of enemy range with broad sweeping gestures and wide cuts. That's essentially the same principle when wielding the chain and sickle: stand in place, and let your weapon's range and lethal edge take out enemies around you, but be prepared to go in up close and personal with the sickle.

For whatever reason I can just imagine Trish or Lucia using a Trident, or maybe a Scythe. Lady, on the other hand, seems to prefer firearms over anything else...the closest she has to melee weapon are the bayonets she has attached to her SMG's and the Kali Ann. The most she would probably have is a kukri knife for close encounters.

Something I had once planned for Nero in a fanfiction I once wrote (one that never surfaced, due to the restrictive nature of DMC's inconsistent and retconning lore), I had him use the Devil Bringer to fuse Yamato and the Red Queen together to make a combined form: a massive katana, otherwise known as a nodachi.

That's all the ideas for classic DMC weapons I can muster. I had some ideas for the DmC Dante and Vergil (but I have a slow, sinking feeling that nobody wants to discuss that :frown:)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I can see someone like Vergil wielding a kusarigama.
Yeah, I was lazy and kept saying "NG2 Weapons" in every other previous thread like this one.

... How about the tonfa for Vergil and and sais (seriously, none of the NG games have this??) for Dante? He could use then to parry Vergil's Yamato/Force Edge combo.

I'm talking more about the DmC series because the director of Downfall said that he originally planned for Vergil to get the FE but didn't have time -- meaning, that Vergil would've gotten it in the sequel anyway.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
While thinking up story ideas I thought to myself, if Vergil somehow came back and with Yamato being in Nero's possesion for good, what kind of a weapon would be suitable for him?
There is no problem with Vergil gaining new weapons in the improbable scenario of his return, however what makes you think he would let that child in possession of his birthright without a fuss?

Viper

Premium
There is no problem with Vergil gaining new weapons in the improbable scenario of his return, however what makes you think he would let that child in possession of his birthright without a fuss?
While I have more than one scenario for his return, the latest one gives reasoning that he is Nero's dad and with experience in hell breaking him to a certain point he is a bit more mellow for the whole family thing. Well, that, and you can't really get your sword back from a fussy teen with a powerful arm without some weapon, and Vergil ain't got much in variety. In fact, he had Yamato, the summoned swords are connected to said Yamato and... that's it. I don't know if I can count Beowulf, even if I didn't see Dante pick it up in DMC3 there'd still be the matter that he wouldn't really be able to keep it in imprisonment.

Last edited:

KRSkull

Dante: ball and chain

Vergil: cerberus

Lady: gunblade

Nero: his devil arm turns into cannon

Trish: a sword that can turn into a lightning whip. (Got that idea from the legend of hercules 2014).

Lucia: Wrist crossbow

I had some ideas for the DmC Dante and Vergil (but I have a slow, sinking feeling that nobody wants to discuss that :frown:)

I want to hear about them.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I want to hear about them.
Well, you asked...so, here you go:

Dante's Angel and Demon weapons would continue to evolve and take more shapes (which is how I believe he acquires Eryx and Aquila in DmC...because I doubt either Bob Barbas or the Succubus would have their souls harnessed in those type of weapons, but that's just my opinion).

Aquila would be replaced by an Angelic pair of chakrams, which are Indian spinning blades usually associated with Hindu mythology (a recent example would be the pair Axel wields in the Kingdom Hearts franchise).The Eryx gauntlets would probably evolve into claws, like the kind seen in Ninja Gaiden II.

Dante using kunai blades as a counter for Vergil's summoned swords would also be ideal...if you look examine his Neo Dante skin from the actual game, he has a set of kunai belted on his waist. Why not have him actually use them?

For Vergil, I was thinking a Halberd would make an excellent counter for Dante's Scyth, Osiris, if the two of them should ever duel in a future game. A suitable counter for Dante's gauntlets would be katars, or "push daggers" from India. (Voldo from Soulcalibur wields a pair of these, for reference). A very far-fetched idea I also had was to transform Yamato into a Western dueling sword or rapier...and have the ability to switch back to katana form according to the situation: the katana for slicing, and the rapier for stabbing (not ideal for a gameplay element, as it would be incredibly confusing, but it it's just an idea).

At some point, he would obtain firearms, but they would be old-fashioned and classy...just like him. I was thinking about giving him one of those long, heavy, elaborate dueling pistols from the 16th-17th Century, the flintlock kind but with a more demonic or maybe steampunk look to them. It'd be something with a slow firing rate and something he'd have to aim, making it a more compact version of the sniper rifle he used in DmC, and incorporated as a Devil Arm.

In complete honesty, I have more ideas for DmC than DMC, but that's mainly because of the restrictions DMC has in its tone and feel. It's primarily Gothic, so it tends to have medieval-type weapons or Devil Arms, with the occasional Japanese or Asuian-influenced weapon thrown in for good measure. DmC is more bizarre and estranging, blending a number of inspirations for its setting, so there's more room to be creative.

KRSkull

Well, you asked...so, here you go:

Dante's Angel and Demon weapons would continue to evolve and take more shapes (which is how I believe he acquires Eryx and Aquila in DmC...because I doubt either Bob Barbas or the Succubus would have their souls harnessed in those type of weapons, but that's just my opinion).

Aquila would be replaced by an Angelic pair of chakrams, which are Indian spinning blades usually associated with Hindu mythology (a recent example would be the pair Axel wields in the Kingdom Hearts franchise).The Eryx gauntlets would probably evolve into claws, like the kind seen in Ninja Gaiden II.

Dante using kunai blades as a counter for Vergil's summoned swords would also be ideal...if you look examine his Neo Dante skin from the actual game, he has a set of kunai belted on his waist. Why not have him actually use them?

For Vergil, I was thinking a Halberd would make an excellent counter for Dante's Scyth, Osiris, if the two of them should ever duel in a future game. A suitable counter for Dante's gauntlets would be katars, or "push daggers" from India. (Voldo from Soulcalibur wields a pair of these, for reference). A very far-fetched idea I also had was to transform Yamato into a Western dueling sword or rapier...and have the ability to switch back to katana form according to the situation: the katana for slicing, and the rapier for stabbing (not ideal for a gameplay element, as it would be incredibly confusing, but it it's just an idea).

At some point, he would obtain firearms, but they would be old-fashioned and classy...just like him. I was thinking about giving him one of those long, heavy, elaborate dueling pistols from the 16th-17th Century, the flintlock kind but with a more demonic or maybe steampunk look to them. It'd be something with a slow firing rate and something he'd have to aim, making it a more compact version of the sniper rifle he used in DmC, and incorporated as a Devil Arm.

In complete honesty, I have more ideas for DmC than DMC, but that's mainly because of the restrictions DMC has in its tone and feel. It's primarily Gothic, so it tends to have medieval-type weapons or Devil Arms, with the occasional Japanese or Asuian-influenced weapon thrown in for good measure. DmC is more bizarre and estranging, blending a number of inspirations for its setting, so there's more room to be creative.

That is really interesting and an amazing idea

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Well, that, and you can't really get your sword back from a fussy teen with a powerful arm without some weapon, and Vergil ain't got much in variety. In fact, he had Yamato, the summoned swords are connected to said Yamato and... that's it. I don't know if I can count Beowulf, even if I didn't see Dante pick it up in DMC3 there'd still be the matter that he wouldn't really be able to keep it in imprisonment.
A wise man (who had some crazy moments) once said that only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.
Vergil does not even need to beat him assuming that the main goal is taking back his father's gift to him. He could just disarm Yamato from Nero's hand, take the sword and call it a day. He did that to Dante once minus taking Alastor at 4:16

Ideally, I would like to see him backhand slap him across the room while he is at it.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Something for hunting demon girls and boys...

I don't know....the opposite sex!

hqdefault.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What do you think, what kind of weapons could Vergil use?
I can picture him with a machine-gun ala the scene where the mob guy says "merry Christmas you filthy animal and a happy new year" in Home Alone. But more of a steampunk-customized one to fit into the DMC realm.
And then an epic showdown with Dante (because he sooooo badly wants Vergil to try things his way lol)
So instead of it only shooting bullets (which could be made from that object in DMC3 that drained all Dante's power - sorry, I'm real foggy on details), it could also shoot out demonic ninja stars ala Lucifer style, only these explode and take down the health of the enemy on impact rather than waiting for it to explode on command.

Mediocre, I know. And totally out of character for Vergil. :unsure:

Viper

Premium
I can picture him with a machine-gun ala the scene where the mob guy says "merry Christmas you filthy animal and a happy new year" in Home Alone. But more of a steampunk-customized one to fit into the DMC realm.
And then an epic showdown with Dante (because he sooooo badly wants Vergil to try things his way lol)
So instead of it only shooting bullets (which could be made from that object in DMC3 that drained all Dante's power - sorry, I'm real foggy on details), it could also shoot out demonic ninja stars ala Lucifer style, only these explode and take down the health of the enemy on impact rather than waiting for it to explode on command.

Mediocre, I know. And totally out of character for Vergil. :unsure:

It's not mediocre, it's totally awesome and it's making me think of a really humorous Christmas story...

Vergil used the special conditions of Halloween to escape Hell and is now ready to give his little brother a very personal Christmas gift (together with the mob guy's quote) for neglecting to check if he is actually dead and leaving the island without him (I know Vergil is dead in canon, but for fanfiction sake anything is possible). The chase leads them to Fortuna island, where Kyrie has to build traps in Home Alone (or is Scooby Doo better comparison?) style, only adjusted to a demon, to catch Vergil... accidentally catching Nero here and there. While tracking down Dante again, Vergil shoots at some guy in red coming down the chimney. It turns out to be Sparda, these days working as Santa Claus. Sparda makes the twins sign an involuntary truce and they all have a nice Christmas dinner. A fork or two might have went flying, but it was still quite peaceful.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I see Vergil meeting Nero as the awkward "Dad meets his long lost son" meeting of epicness.

Vergil: So.....do you like the sword? It's 20 years worth of birthday gifts in 1"

Top Bottom