• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

combat wise.. is DmC deeper then Bayonetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd say it's inconclusive by virtue of both games having a different combat system. DmC (and the classics) use a free-form combat system, with very few branching moves (pause combos), while Bayonetta has a dial-a-combo system.

We've all seen combo videos for both DmC and Bayonetta, and they both get pretty crazy, but...in different ways, and through different mechanics.

I'd also slightly argue against the factor of Bayonetta's weapons, because some of the weapons operate very similarly, like Scarborough Fair and the Onyx shotguns, and even the Rocket Launcher (forgot its name) have the same Punch and Kick animations, and the only changes are to the shooting cancels.

Even though I hate Bayonetta, it's the one game that really showed that dial-a-combo could be as good as DMC's free-form system (which is my favorite kind of hack 'n' slash system) :tongue:

Even though I hate Bayonetta, it's the
I'd also slightly argue against the factor of Bayonetta's weapons, because some of the weapons operate very similarly, like Scarborough Fair and the Onyx shotguns, and even the Rocket Launcher (forgot its name) have the same Punch and Kick animations, and the only changes are to the shooting cancels.

This, I just think lots of people seem to be confusing flash and redundant moves with depth. DmC streamlined maybe a little too much, taunts are definitely missed, but in general, it tried to make sure that every move does something slightly different to the enemies, bounces them this way, hard knocks this distance, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom