• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Combat mechanic brainstorm

Nelo The Great

What expanses would some of you make on DMC to add more depth to the combat?

I have three different ideas, none of them are particularly good, but bare with me

The first idea is a small tweak, which would be for Dante specifically. I'd like his normal rebellion air melee to become aerial rave, helm breaker to become forward melee, and to add an aerial stinger, mapped to back forward melee. In addition, I would also like for his air swordmaster melee to become aerial prop shredder.

My next idea is a bit more involved, and would probably overcomplicate things for advanced players, which would be the use of auto style switch combos. What I mean by this is that i'd like to introduce a system where a player can input a single command in the middle of a combo in order to chain together moves that are normally very difficult or impossible to chain together. I wouldn't create a ton of these, because this mechanic would completely destroy the game if used too much. Rather, I would analyze each move and possible combo string and prioritize the most difficult switches, while also creating new combo strings inghe process

Lastly, i'd like there to be a character that uses two sword, with one mapped to standard melee, and one mapped to special. This would open up many different normal melee combos, considering you could either input standard>special, special>standard, special+standard, standard>pause>special, or special>pause>standard in and combination, making many more moves available

Well, those are some little ideas I've had over the past few days. Feel free to post yours!

Nero

Well i personaly like the idea of dual wielding it's my personal fave type of character but since i'm a noob i'd say jump canceling my easier but then pros wouldn't like that so i'd say make it easier? Prolly not that either. So in reality the best way to improve in my opnion would be to add new characters with different types of abbilities to make it fresh and new but people don't want to forget about good ol dante of course so we'd have to keep him no matter what. The best thing would be to go 4se's route and let you play with more people without changing the story to add the new chars as part of it mzke em cameos and add sparda yo who doesn't wanna play as the big bad pappa wolf? C'mon think about sparda sword '-'~

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I wouldn't change anything I would just add new moves to each style and to each character, and increase the combat speed even more

berto

I Saw the Devil
I am tired of the old combos. The last 3 game have all but the same moves, and don't give me that they are on another character or they added an extra slash on one, they're the same bloody moves. They need to toss them and have new ones because if they are just going to add just one or two small alterations then they are, once again, not making strives forward but rather just taking baby steps and I partially blame that slow progress on them not wanting to think up new moves and attacks and more interesting weapons.

Nelo The Great

I am tired of the old combos. The last 3 game have all but the same moves, and don't give me that they are on another character or they added an extra slash on one, they're the same bloody moves. They need to toss them and have new ones because if they are just going to add just one or two small alterations then they are, once again, not making strives forward but rather just taking baby steps and I partially blame that slow progress on them not wanting to think up new moves and attacks and more interesting weapons.
If it's one thing I've always wanted to do, it's to either make a character action game that rivals DMC or work on DMC myself

Nelo The Great

I want a character to use dual revolvers, and actually have to reload every time they use all the shots in a magazine

But I specifically want them to use the recoil from the shot to spin the gun upwards, and then grab the handle and fire another shot

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i was thinking Nero's devil bringer could be expanded
he could pick up things from around the area like cars or poles and use them as weapons

also taping the grab will do the normal devil bringer move and holding it will let you do more
you can hold grab for a moment then nero will keep holding the grab and each button is a different attack you can do to them

Frazz

General gamer
I'd like to have Dante get six melee weapons total but you can choose which you want with you at divinity statues like in DMC3. You'd have three slots but you can just carry two weapons with you if you want or you could just give yourself one weapon for the challenge. This would add a level of customisation to the game that I'd like to see.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Visual aid!
o8nquHF.png

1. Displays your currently equipped weapon. #3 will explain why here.
  2. Vitality. You know how this one works.
  3. Arms Trigger! The new mechanic! Instead of a Devil Trigger gauge for transforming into a demon, holding the L1 button will display four face buttons underneath each rune. If you press O (or X, or any of the four buttons) while holding down L1, the character will use a powerful attack - be a combo finisher, a combo launcher, or something else entirely. What attacks you have at your disposal depends on your currently equipped weapon. Each rune has different requirements for filling up - red is how much damage you dish out, blue is how much damage you take, pink is for every orb you collect, green is for focused combat - whether that be striking enemies right before they attack, or dodging an attack in the nick of time.
Story reason for this power? Let's say....when Sparda locked the gates to the demon world, and as a result locked away most of his own power, he lost the ability to turn into a demon form. So instead of Devil Trigger, he can draw out the power out of whatever Devil Arms he's playing with. Which means this system would be there if you played as Sparda. Make it happen, Capcom! "Devil May Cry 5: The Legend of Sparda!"

Top Bottom