• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Collecting figures or other hobbies

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I don't really have an active collection hobby. If I did, I would definitely collect figures from my favourite games and anime. I would also absolutely love to collect blades (Especially katanas), but that can be extremely pricey. Hopefully when I get a full time job I can at least begin with the figures :D

That being said, as a kid I use to collect, trade and duel with Yu-Gi-Oh cards since it was what most kids did at my old primary school. I still have all my built decks and cards stored in a box somewhere.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Why do you collect the stuff you want?

If I like a figure it can be a muse on my desk and inspire me to actually do some creative project. As some of you know I pretty much live and breathe the sculpting these days, so it's good to have something that can get you to work just by looking at it. Especially on those days when you don't wanna do any. (/--)/~┻┻ 彡☆★

Same with artbooks. I was given advice that if you run out of inspiration or motivation, to look at things which fill your brain with ideas and drive again. These pretty much do that.

I liked ukiyo-e since... I was 15 or something. The style in general. I've got the materials here to do one myself, the baren, torinoko paper and the wood and the carving tools, just not the space. Can't wait till I can get a bigger place... maybe I'll be able to do it if I have a spare room or a garage or something. I can't fill the living room or the bedroom with wood shavings right now though.

Swords/knives... I just like them. Knives can be functional but also works of art, if you like. My favourite though is just this simple hunting knife, and a knapped stone one I got from a knapper guy in the U.S. Most of my swords are in storage, but I've got my red katana still.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I'm gonna be a showoff now and tell you guys that I just ordered this figure.

26451-PFA%20Aigis%20Header.jpg

:w00t:

Top Bottom