• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Collecting figures or other hobbies

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
As a figure collector, I'm curious if anyone else in this forum have the same hobby or something similar.

Why do you collect the stuff you want? What type do you usually get? Do you have a budget? etc.

Personally, I like to collect figures from shows, movies and games I really like. They are nice accesories to have around and decor your place.

My collection so far: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/MultiBro

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't think I can call myself a collector exactly as I'm REALLY picky about what figures I'll buy, but I do have a few game statues (as opposed to action figures), the DMC series (classic) ones and a few other Kotobukiya statues from video games. I like Kotobukiya's stuff as a rule, but I don't go in for the bishoujo style stuff, and I prefer old style polystone figures (like my original DMC1 Dante) than are now largely replaced by vinyl.

I sold a bunch of them off when I moved for cash, but I still have the DMC ones, and a couple of Final Fantasy ones. I used to have some pretty rare FF sculpts, the only ones I have left now is Bahamut No.1 and Kimahri. Part of that I justified by telling myself I'd try to make my own version of the ones I got rid of but I haven't had time to do it.

Reactions: Meg

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
I collect pewter figurines, I have a total colection of 7.
Most have to do simthing with swords, like my Excalibur one and my Viking.
I don't ever spend more than $20 at a shot.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I have Final Fantasy figures, Kingdom hearts, Little apple dolls and also Monster High. That's all the figures I collect. But I'm picky about which figures I collect from those lines.

I used to like opening the boxes and putting figures on display, but since I started collecting Monster High, I never open them.>_<

For Final fantasy, I collected the characters, but not the monsters or vehicles. They just never got my attention the same way.

For Monster High, I collect new character dolls, then I buy the same character only if it has a cute or cool outfit. I don't really like having multiples of the same character.

Meg

I'm really picky about my figures too. I have the Play Arts KAI figures of Lightning and DMC3 Dante. I also have a figure of Cole from inFAMOUS 2; it came with the Hero Edition. :D Also, I will be getting the Lara Croft figure with the collector's edition of Tomb Raider. :devil: It comes out next week. Hellll yeah. :D

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I also collect ukiyo-e woodblock prints (just started) and swords/knives if I like the way they look. Again, TOTALLY picky.

And artbooks of artists I like.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I also collect ukiyo-e woodblock prints (just started) and swords/knives if I like the way they look. Again, TOTALLY picky.

And artbooks of artists I like.

Oh, yeah I forgot that I collect artbooks.>_< Mostly from anime and manga that I like, but also from games. I have the Bioshock infinite artbook on preorder.

I also used to collect a lot of manga, but since Tokyopop closed down, I only collect Black Butler and Loveless manga now.

I also have a very big ringbinder full of Ville Valo/ Him articles taken from magazines.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I used to collect Pokemon Cards. I've even got theme decks of Yu-gi-oh! cards around.
I still have them.

Devil May Cry
Now I have figures. I've got my PRIZED Vergil statue and Play Arts Kai figure.
I've also got a couple of Dante figures, two marionettes and a Trish figure.
Then there's the strategy guides, DMC artbooks and a few yaoi books, novels, manga...

I've also got Star Trek figures (Kirk and Mirror spock), Kain (Legacy of Kain), Leon S. Kennedy (Resi 4), small cloud strife and Sephiroth figures and a bigger figure of Sephiroth.
Then there is the Resi 4 Chainsaw controller.
I also have a Star Trek collection. Dvds of The Original Series, The Next generation and Voyager. Manga books, gold collectors cards, collectable phone cards, a Collectors Edition with Data's face on the box... and other stuff.

The last thing i bought was the Vergil Play arts Kai figure and really most buys are made on 'impulse'. If I see something that I want (and I've got the money) then I'll buy it.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
I enjoy collecting things as well.

Mainly I love collectors items from video games and movies. I usually do have a budget prior to purchasing a collectors item. I also evaluate to see if the item is really worth the money.

As of right now, I have all the collectors items for the Assassins Creed games which include figures/statues, art books etc. I recently got a cool item from Chapters which includes a replica Citizen V mask from V for Vendetta and the original graphic novel :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I collect Warhammer 40K figurines. It's fun but, man hella expensive.

Tell me about it, I was building up a Grey Knight army god knows how many years ago, but it just got so expensive.
Then I read the latest codex update for them and shed a tear.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The amount of cheese in the Grey Knight codex is hilarious.
GK's used to have pretty cool fluff, they were my favourite chapter for a good long while.
Then Matt Ward came along and made them read like some badly written fan fiction BS.

Every time I've been invited along to play with friends, I've gone by the old codex just because I despise the new one, even if that does mean effectively gimping myself.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
GK's used to have pretty cool fluff, they were my favourite chapter for a good long while.
Then Matt Ward came along and made them read like some badly written fan fiction BS.

Every time I've been invited along to play with friends, I've gone by the old codex just because I despise the new one, even if that does mean effectively gimping myself.
Ah yes, Matt Ward. Our gracious lord and saviour of Warhammer 40K. *cough*

I kinda dig his new Necron lore, even though they are basically "TOMBKINGS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!" right now.

My friends refuses to play with me when I have flyers in my Necron list. Pretty hilarious.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!

I kinda dig his new Necron lore, even though they are basically "TOMBKINGS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!" right now.

My friends refuses to play with me when I have flyers in my Necron list. Pretty hilarious.

That is why I weep for my Blood Angels. :'( It seem all the armies I wanted to play are written by Matt Ward: Space Marines and Gray Knights. Now I'm sticking to Blood Angels...Until Matt Ward dose something. :/ And I did the Necron look, but yeah Tomkings in Spessh. lol

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Now I'm sticking to Blood Angels...Until Matt Ward dose something. :/

Matt Ward's go at the Blood Angels codex was Grey Knights level of EXTRA HERESY

I've heard the 'Crons codex isn't as bad as his previous releases, although I've also heard that for everything he changed, they may as well have just renamed the army entirely.

Martius

SSSmokin!
I am sad for my Space Marines because they are pretty much worse version of Blood Angels right now...
I have previous codex, trait system was much better than certain characters giving something to whole army.

Top Bottom