• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

choose a company for DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If you could chose the game company that makes DmC, who would you chose?
Note: ninja theory and platinum games are off limits because ninja theory is doing the game and platinum games is banned because i want to see some interesting choices rather than a thread filled with platinum games.
just say your company, any games they are famous for, and why you think they should do the game.
and if you're bored then you could say reasons why they cant do the game.
For example- I would want Naughty Dog to do it because of their work on hit games such as Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted and my personal favorite, Jak and daxter. The reasons why i want them to do it as that they are known for creating enjoyable story-lines with memorable and interesting characters as well as being a respected developer as each time they've done a series they have managed to advance or create a new trend in western gaming. With Jak and Daxter, they created the "action-former" with equal parts action and platforming and with uncharted they started the whole cinematic storytelling trend with games in this generation.
The reason why they may pass on doing devil may cry is because they are not as easy to bend to capcom's will as ninja theory is. As well as they seem to favor creator owned iPs so they may just do a new one or just do another Jak and Daxter trilogy in order to break into the action game genre.

Chrysander

Someone who can make a decent combat system - though I've not seen this kind of dynamic combat system outside the banned company. Maybe EA or Nintendo would have a good go, just because of the level of quality I've seen in their games, though they've not done games like this. Or Rareware. They are known for applying themselves to all kinds of genres and they are generally very successful, even with things that are new to them.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
my first thoughts would be gearbox and bioware. team ninja would also be great, but they are committed to making ninja gaiden - a rival title. bethesda is also great, but they tend to be more into games that have freeroaming and dimension...not hack'n'slashers.

bioware and gearbox can each make a good linear game that keeps me engaged.
>>borderlands, bioshock

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Crystal Dynamics, or just keep it to Capcom. I would've said Bandai Namco/ Namco Bandai (whatever). But i think they wouldn't have been able to pull it off (Plus, i only know them for doing Tekken, Soul Calibur and Riiiiige Raaaaceeeeerrrrrrr... sorry). Although, i have just though of Konami.

So either Crystal Dynamics or Konami.

(Sorry about that)

Asmodaius

I'm happy with the companies who work with it now, however, should I choose a company to help out, it would be Team Ninja. They did a great job on Ninja Gaiden.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
^Thats who i originally got confused with Ninja Theory, i was a bit disappointed, oh well "meh"

anyway i think Epic, just cause i think Cliffy B is Epic!(almost pun of the month but not quite...um Epic!HA!)

but seriously i think it would of been nice to give it to a up and coming game developer INSIDE OF JAPAN now what i mean with that is as we all know Japanese game development is in a bit of a recession, it would of been nice to see something from a company that we may not have had access to otherwise, because they stand no chance in an international market, shame they wanted to westernize it i think unfortunately japan is starting to care only about the money rather than looking out for its own, shame too cause i much prefer j games :(

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Can I be the voice of opposition and say I wouldn't want Team Ninja working on DmC? I played one of their games (or started to) and lo and behold, they've got quite a few bugs in there that left my game lagging. On the Xbox. For FFS I wasn't even online so I couldn't blame the internet. I never finished playing the game and was so unimpressed that I can't even remember the name of it.
But NO to Team Ninja. I'd have a gasket if Dante lagged while I'm diving to punch the lights out of a bunch of demons.

Asmodaius

^
If you played Ninja Gaiden 1 or 2, then yes, there were bugs on the X-box version which they corrected in the PS3 version. ^^

Chrysander

Thought I already posted this - I think that Team Ninja would do a better job than Ninja Theory, but you'd end up with just Ninja Gaiden with guns most likely. I don't think they understand what sets DMC(3) apart from the competition, and they wouldn't be up to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom