• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Childhood Pride

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Post about things you made or accomplished as a kid that you were extremely proud of at the time. Anything from a contest you won to an arts and crafts project you poured your soul into.

Photos of objects you made or memorabilia are also welcome.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I won quite a few swimming competitions and football awards and for the 4 years I did it I was an undefeated boxer. Trophies are all at my parents house though.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I wasn't a massively high achiever or anything.

But I did get to go to the Sahara when I was 16 while still in school. Not many people can say they've done that.

Meg

I worked really flippin' hard, but never won anything. I would always get "thanks for participating" certificates.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
In preschool at the local Jewish center I remember one year they let us make our own menorahs (they hold the candles on Hannukah). We got blocks of wood, some glue, paint, and little metal bits to glue to the wood to hold candles. The plan was that we'd make them and bring them home to use on the holiday that year. All the other kids naturally made something neat that somewhat resembled the real thing (as much as a preschooler could muster). Not me.

I threw the blocks on top of each other at whatever angle I wanted and painted them each a random color. The little candle holders were glued on with no sense of organization, but dammit I was proud of it.
The finished product looked like someone had vomited an entire Jenga set.
Looking back at that hideous thing it's funny to think of how proud and excited I was at the time.

My parents, bless them, used it for five years because I was so proud of what I'd made. I insisted we use mine along with the family heirloom until I was 10 years old or so.

I bet they threw it away the moment they realized that it wouldn't hurt my feelings any more. lol

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Somehow child society kinda shows you (quite bluntly) that if you excell at something - you immediatelly bcome shunned from everyone who doesn't also excell.

The exception being stuff in which if you're good, everyone wins, therefore everyone loves you.

When I was a kid I already knew that (maybe too fast, unfortunately) so I only tried my best in stuff like the above. I was part of the basketball team at school - even though I'm not tall - and at the end of every session, the teacher would award one of us the title of the best player of the day. I kinda strived to be better and better so that he would give me that title, and when he did I was full of childish happiness. Funnily enough, a few days later I quitedXD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was always the best video game advice kid. If you needed help on a game, I'd be there to offer tips. Earned me the disdain of a lot of kids and a smashed GBA SP, though. (my parents bought a new one for Christmas though and bless my luck the game in the smashed SP was recoverable)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I got a bronze medal for the long jump when I was about 10. Anyone who knows me or has seen me can tell I'm not even slightly athletic so this was a big deal. Of course, my sister went and got 6 gold medals, one football trophy and a distinction in her music exam so it kind of overshadowed everything...

Won first prize in a writing competition when I was about 7 hosted by Royal Mail. It was a nationwide thingy and out of 65,000 applicants, I won. But it was one of those things whereby the school benefits if you win and you get something crap like a pack of crayons.

Other than that, I am something of a low achiever and quitter - really, it's amazing I've lived this long

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
In my younger days, I been an Computer geek thing, I helped some friends when they have any computer problems, now only I added to hobby consoles and handhelds as Im passionat of anything that have games in it.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Got a certificate in the 9th grade for the most artistic boy in the entire school.Got two trophies and a black belt in tek-wan-dou (is that how u spell it) or as i like to call it Karate :D.Got the first prize for best stall in our school's charity program for the flood victims in our country and the stall was a gaming stall in which we had 3 ps3 and 2 xbox 360's :D.Won the regional football tournament in which i was the captain of the team.i guess that's it :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i never had pride as a child, it was always knocked out of me by bullies.

mum entered me in a baby contest as a baby (obviously). Came third again (couldn't have been that pretty)
one year i got a 200 merit achievement award back in school.
won 3rd prize in an art contest and got a book token...

i always wanted to do my best, but i could never get there.

Top Bottom