• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

chicks dig the sword skills

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Okay, it was just a bit confusing since a lot of people actually think that about Nero.
gameplay wise he's good and enjoyable but story wise he wasn that good i mean at parts where he cried and screamed for kyrie were irritating and the love story between kyrie and nero was a dissaster since nero was a very hyper kid and kyrie had the personality of a wooden plank seriously i wouldve liked the love story thing if the characters had a bit more feel to them

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
gameplay wise he's good and enjoyable but story wise he wasn that good i mean at parts where he cried and screamed for kyrie were irritating and the love story between kyrie and nero was a dissaster since nero was a very hyper kid and kyrie had the personality of a wooden plank seriously i wouldve liked the love story thing if the characters had a bit more feel to them
Kyrie didn't get enough screen time to show much personality but if you pay attention to the cutscenes in the first mission you can see that she has an actual personality.

Railazel

Actually guys, Dante's fighting style is based on a form of Historical Fencing used for two- handed swords.

Railazel

But does the style itself have a name? That is the question at hand.

Historical Fencing, since that's the collective name for most European Weapon Arts of the past. Like I said, there are different forms of Historical Fencing depending on the weapon you're using. If I'm correct, Dante's style is based on a form used in Scotland.

ZeroLove

Historical Fencing, since that's the collective name for most European Weapon Arts of the past. Like I said, there are different forms of Historical Fencing depending on the weapon you're using. If I'm correct, Dante's style is based on a form used in Scotland.

I take it that the name "Historical Fencing" was given a long time after the style itself was developed, unlike Kung Fu where the master inventing the different styles base it of an animal and names the style after that animal, such as Monkey, Crane, Tiger, Dragon, Mantis etc.

Railazel

I take it that the name "Historical Fencing" was given a long time after the style itself was developed, unlike Kung Fu where the master inventing the different styles base it of an animal and names the style after that animal, such as Monkey, Crane, Tiger, Dragon, Mantis etc.

Yeah, pretty much.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
First of all what kind of style of swordsmanship of dante we're talking about here?
As you guys know,dante's swordmanship is different in DMC 1 AND and DMC 3 and 4.

devilzsniper

もの我々は害から他の安全を保つためにうそをつく。
my fav is the sword mastery from dmc3 how it flashes the hits and doesn't just stand there here moves more and faster.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
We've seen a bit of DmC Dante fight with his sword, so What do you guys think? It seems to be self taught with a bit of style to it. Or maybe he's like Mugen from Samurai Champloo and just swings his sword randomly to catch people off guard.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
ummmm what do you call it......backwards sword fighting....inverted swordfighting? anyway what lucia did dante should do that with his sword

Top Bottom