• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

chicks dig the sword skills

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I've been wondering for a bit, and I bet this was discussed before, but what style of sword fighting does Dante use? I've always thought a mideval sword fighting technique but with more flare to it. Million stab seems to be a fencing move but with a claymore, and stinger is a straight jab. Since Vergil uses Iaido with Yamato, and Nero seems to be self-taught in swordsmanship, what does that make Dante's sword style?

Any thoughts?

ZeroLove

It's called Hack-n'-Slash-until-it-stops-moving. True story.
I don't think there's a certain style that can name the way Dante uses his sword. Medieval knights didn't name a whole style after something, like with kung fu. It's more certain techniques which were named.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I've been wondering for a bit, and I bet this was discussed before, but what style of sword fighting does Dante use? I've always thought a mideval sword fighting technique but with more flare to it. Million stab seems to be a fencing move but with a claymore, and stinger is a straight jab. Since Vergil uses Iaido with Yamato, and Nero seems to be self-taught in swordsmanship, what does that make Dante's sword style?

Any thoughts?
Dante doesn't really seem like the type to learn a specific style. He knows how to use any weapon the moment he picks it up so he is probably just relying on instinct.
Iaido isn't really a style it is a specific technique used in many kenjutsu styles.
Nero is the only charicter that has been confirmed to have had a teacher Credo taught him how to fight.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
th_DudeComeOn.png

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Vergil's style is yami no satsugai ryu AKA Dark Slayer style :D
and if vergil learned the hiten mitsurugi ryu,he will be more invincible since his body is very powerful to handle the style's tremendous power.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante and Vergil were trained in all weapon forms and the dicipline that Dante uses is appropriate for a braoad sword. There is no anime to it or Japanese style, they reseach these things, if they go all the way to Spain just for the architecture they sure aren't going to skip on the action.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Dante and Vergil were trained in all weapon forms and the dicipline that Dante uses is appropriate for a braoad sword. There is no anime to it or Japanese style, they reseach these things, if they go all the way to Spain just for the architecture they sure aren't going to skip on the action.
It is physically impossible to fight like Dante there is no way he is using a real life style.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
That three sword combo of DMC3 Dante does. You can do that. Ther are some moves that are phisically possible. (Just not all the "F*ck gravity" ones)

Wow, Dante has one move that is physically possible. That compleatly negates my point.

Even picking up Rebellion is a "f*** gravity" move. It is at least twice as wide as any real sword that long. The reason Dante doesn't use a real life style is because he doesn't use a real weapon.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Wow, Dante has one move that is physically possible. That compleatly negates my point.

Even picking up Rebellion is a "f*** gravity" move. It is at least twice as wide as any real sword that long. The reason Dante doesn't use a real life style is because he doesn't use a real weapon.

Kind of does negate your point, but it also doesn't.

Look at the video from 0:00 to 0:19

That rebellion combo 1 is possible, rebellion combo 2 with a million stab is possible.

The million stab won't be as fast when a human being does it but it's multiple stabbing that could be done.

Helm breaker can also be done if you jump from a slightly high area. Anything too high would break bones.

High time can also be possible. It won't launch people in the air but it can be done as an upper cut attack, jumping up with them is impossible though.

Stinger can also be done, but again, not with the power Dante has. Maybe for a human being the stinger will look like DMC2's stinger and follow it up with million stab.

Everything else is impossible. However Dance Macabre can be done as well, except the last move where he spins around on his sword.

And it doesn't really matter what sword is used. As long as it's a slightly long sword like a longsword or even a katana (But I use that for iaido.)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Kind of does negate your point, but it also doesn't.

Look at the video from 0:00 to 0:19

That rebellion combo 1 is possible, rebellion combo 2 with a million stab is possible.

The million stab won't be as fast when a human being does it but it's multiple stabbing that could be done.

Helm breaker can also be done if you jump from a slightly high area. Anything too high would break bones.

High time can also be possible. It won't launch people in the air but it can be done as an upper cut attack, jumping up with them is impossible though.

Stinger can also be done, but again, not with the power Dante has. Maybe for a human being the stinger will look like DMC2's stinger and follow it up with million stab.

Everything else is impossible. However Dance Macabre can be done as well, except the last move where he spins around on his sword.

And it doesn't really matter what sword is used. As long as it's a slightly long sword like a longsword or even a katana (But I use that for iaido.)
Okay I guess you could do something that looks like Dante's moveset but without Dante's superhuman abilities most of it wouldn't really work in a fight even with a sword that normal people could use effectively.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Oh come on every one know's that dante's style is called " go ape ****",vergils is the dark slayer but if you go into its depth and understand its deeper meaning its called "im ellite so F*** you" and the most pathetic style of them all is nero's its called "KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I PROMISE I'LL SAVE YOU" and that about sums it up :p

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Oh come on every one know's that dante's style is called " go ape ****",vergils is the dark slayer but if you go into its depth and understand its deeper meaning its called "im ellite so F*** you" and the most pathetic style of them all is nero's its called "KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I PROMISE I'LL SAVE YOU" and that about sums it up :p
Nero's style is crushing the False Savior's face. Dante and Vergil can't do things like that.(Dante and Vergil are cooler but Nero is very capable and having actual emotions doesn't change that)

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Nero's style is crushing the False Savior's face. Dante and Vergil can't do things like that.(Dante and Vergil are cooler but Nero is very capable and having actual emotions doesn't change that)
dude nero is pretty good to play man i was just kidding :p

Top Bottom