• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

characters in mythology...

Koemi

half-breed
Hi all,

I am trying to put together a poem and since my native language and culture isn't English, this is quite a workout for me and I'm to a point I have to get some help.

My poem is kinda about a character that's caught in between situations, ideals, family background and issues, so on. It's rather ambiguous so I guess I'll just list a bunch of characters that I can relate to:

- Romeo and Juliet (without the romance part)
- DMC Dante (half demon half human, have issues with his demonic side, etc.)
- Blue (a wolf-dog hybrid) from Wolf's Rain
- Ryudo from Grandia II
- Aragon from LOTR trilogy
- that math genius in Good Will Hunting

Can anyone gives me some names + a brief sentence-long description of some mythological figures that I can wiki? Thanks ! =]

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Um... well theres always Hamlet from Shakespeare! He's a good one to refer to. Father's died and mother marrying his fathers brother... blah blah...

Hercules? Stuck on earth whilst his family resides on.

Medea another typical one. She broke up with her husband Jason who married a Princess and then she goes on a murdering spree killing everyone including her own two sons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medea

Maybe Cleopatra? I can't think of anything else atm...

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Thats a brilliant list Janny, will note that!

I like unicorns cos Im girly, but there are some good legend in terms of them.
- Noah left them as the Unicorns were playing and didn't believe that the flood was coming.
- The story of the last unicorn, in which all the unicorns are taken and the last one must restore them all... Thats majorly brief. Linky
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Unicorn

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Caught between situations?

I'd go for Macbeth myself. The protagonist of the shakespearean play in which he is both victim and villain. Avarice leads Macbeth to slay his king, fear forces him to kill his friend but anger gets the best of him and in the end he is killed and summarily decapitated.

Koemi

half-breed
Kodanshi;115342 said:
What on earth do you relate to in Romeo and Juliet if you dismiss the romantic part?!

Well even if they're just friends, but their family are enemies, that would be a similar scenario. ;)

^ Black Angel: my native language is Chinese, knows a bit of Japanese.

As some already figured out (even though I forgot to mention) literature figures are welcome as well ^_^ :p

Saix

Devil's Advocate
I thought about the Troy situation as well with Hector, Paris and the chicks...

Literature features?

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Koemi;115469 said:
Well even if they're just friends, but their family are enemies, that would be a similar scenario. ;)

^ Black Angel: my native language is Chinese, knows a bit of Japanese.

As some already figured out (even though I forgot to mention) literature figures are welcome as well ^_^ :p

I speak Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. I just cant figure out how to express it with the keyboard.:huh:

Top Bottom