• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CHANCEY'S TOP MOVIES OF 2015 (What are yours?)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's that time again where we can talk about our favorite movies of last year. I usually make a list like this every year so for those interested, here's my list and let's talk about yours too. Now, this list will consist of only movies I have actually seen and I couldn't watch everything. Still without further ado, let's begin.

#9. It Follows
fid14698.jpg

-This year was another particularly bad year for horror films (which I am a major fan of) but at least one stood our for me. And that was It Follows. Take the concept of someone following you constantly, and you have this movie. After this girl is inflicted with a curse, she finds herself stalked by a creature that can take any person's form. With subtle filmaking that will have you scanning backgrounds for anything suspicious, It Follows has great cinematography. I wouldn't think too hard as some things may contradict or not make sense when it comes to the curse, but it's still well made enough with some moments that may creep you out to make it worth a watch.

#8 The Danish Girl
The-Danish-Girl_poster_goldposter_com_1.jpg

-Eddie Redmayne stars in this biopic about Lili Elbe, the transgendered pioneer that underwent one of the first sex reassignment surgeries. This film is beautifully shot and well acted. I found myself invested in Lili's journey. It poignantly explores thought provoking themes and is worth a watch.

#7 Star Wars The Force Awakens
Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Posters.jpg

- Now, I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but as a movie fan and friends being Star Wars fanboys, I watch these movies. I can't lie, I had some fun with this flick. The action was great and visually exciting. I enjoyed the new characters like Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren too. My only problem was that this flick was treading a lot of previous ground set by the previous films. Instead of remaking A New Hope, they should have went more new. Nevertheless, it's a fun flick casual fans and Star Wars fan should enjoy.

#6 Jurassic World
jurassicworldlogo.png

- Led by the ever so charming Chris Pratt who trains freaking raptors in this, Jurassic World is a fun ride with a climax that is sure to blow you away being the best T-Rex fight ever to hit the big screen. The special effects should look better in my opinion, and the movie kind of drags along the lines of typical and generic, but I still loved visiting the island again and seeing this actually good Jurassic Park sequel.

#5 Avengers: Age of Ultron
Avengers_Age_of_Ultron.jpg

-Being a comic book geek, of course you should expect to see some comic book movies and for my number 5 choice, it's Age of Ultron. Yea it's basically Avengers, again. But that's not a bad thing. The actors still all deliver solid performances and the action is the fun superhero action you expect and crave for in this movie. It also actually makes The Vision cool. There are no strings on me.

#4 Ant-Man

MV5BMjM2NTQ5Mzc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTcxMDI2NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

-Quite possibly the funniest Marvel movie to date, and proves big fun can come in small packages. With a leading, charming performance by Paul Rudd, this movie actually got me more interested in the character and I personally would love to see where they take him next.

#3 The Hateful Eight
the-hateful-eight-poster1.jpg

-It's Clue meets the old west Tarantino style. With all the engaging dialogue and characters you'd expect, Tarantino's 8th film is another good one from the director. My only gripe is that I wish the mystery was dragged out a little longer in the film. Still, Samuel L. Jackson at the forefront of this flick, with all the other actors delivering amazing performances, The Hateful Eight is one mystery you need to see unfold yourself.

#2 Inside Out
6148_4534.png

-I seriously had to flip a coin when it came to my top two because they were both so brilliant, however Inside Out made it to number two. I LOVE this movie. This is taking an idea and doing everything great you can do with it. With morals and messages we can all relate too, this movie is just one of the most smartly written films of the year and I'd love to see more of. My second favorite Pixar flick to date. First still being Incredibles.

#1 Mad Max: Fury Road
MV5BMTUyMTE0ODcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODE4NDQzNTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

- What a day, what a lovely day! WITNESS Mad Max Fury Road yourself and see why it's my favorite movie of the year. The action is perfect, the characters and world badass, this is just a modern classic in the making. And my favorite movie of 2015.

So what were yours? Comment below, let me know!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
220px-Jurassic_World_poster.jpg

Though the CG looked like utter garbage and every character except Pratt was crap, the climactic fight scene still made me love this movie.

220px-Avengers_Age_of_Ultron.jpg

Joss Whedon is a real piece of s**t, but he makes damn good movies and this film was no exception.
The humor was great, the fight scenes were awesome and overall just a good superhero flick.
Though that Black Widow and Hulk crap was so painfully forced.

220px-Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I enjoyed every minute of this movie.
Also at first I wasn't really a fan of Kylo Ren, though after thinking about it more, I'm looking forward to what he can do in the next 2 movies.
I did like Rey, but her being a feminist Mary Sue is likely to make her boring, so I hope that's addressed in the next 2 movies.

220px-Mission_Impossible_Rogue_Nation_poster.jpg

God I love these movies!!!
I didn't think anything could live up to Ghost Protocol, but Rogue Nation managed to do very well, didn't surpass GP, but managed to stay on par with it and that was good enough for me.
The laughs, the action, the stunts!! I f**king LOVE this franchise!!!

220px-The_Martian_film_poster.jpg

Motherf**king Science!!!

220px-Furious_7_poster.jpg

Great action, oneliners, fast cars, scantly clad women, a tribute to Paul and The Rock vs Jason Statham.
This is the movie Michael Bay wishes he could make.
RIP Paul Walker.

220px-Max_Mad_Fury_Road_Newest_Poster.jpg

Duh right?
This movie just shows how lacking action movies have been the past years.
Amazing practical action, fantastic soundtrack, wonderfully crafted world, excellent performance from the cast and the Heavy Metal tone is what makes this movie not just the best of 2015, but one of the best action movies ever, right up there with Terminator 2 and Aliens.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
2015 was a lousy movie year, i forgot most i've watched in 2015 so i took a look at the list, and oh, it really is a lousy year..

in no particular order

1. furious 7

2. mad max fury road

3. mission impossible : rogue nation, this title is special, i never did like cruise's mission impossible, but rogue nation's best part is that it doesnt take itself seriously

4. jurassic world, sweaty bryce dallas howard

5. everest, there are things wrong with this movie, i dunno, the editing, the screenwriting, cinematography --this part part maybe deliberate.. but i miss this kind or movies, so it goes to my list

berto

I Saw the Devil
Mad Max Fury Road & The Force Awakens are the major Hollywood releases that I've actually enjoyed, thoroughly. Out of the horror circuit we got decent films this last year but nothing I'd go out of my way to own. Crimson Peak deserves a shout out but several small points keep it from being on the list.

There are also a few that I missed that I want to see before I say only those 2 made the trip to the theater worth it.
III (From Russia)
The Visit
The Shamer's Daughter (From Denmark)
The Assassin (China)
Ip Man 3 (Hong Kong)
Secario
Shaun The Sheep
Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies (Korea)
MacBeth
Tale of Tales (France/Italy)
Nobody Wants the Night (UK)
Bone Tomahawk
The Witch (Is this out yet?)
The Gallows
Interstellar
The Hateful 8
Spring (Italy)

So after I watch these I'll let you know... You should go do something else while I go do that, it's going to take a few... months...

Top Bottom