• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CG Devil May Cry 3 Movie

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Capcom wanted the fans to hate Vergil because of the way he behaved (well, not behaved, but because of his actions). They got the reaction they wanted with Japanese fans, but most of the Western fans liked him, and in a way sympathised (probably not the word i'm looking for) with him (And quite a few like you and me, thought he was extremely cool and lovely). It's something that's been discussed before, but i wouldn't know what thread to tell you to look in.

I see..how sad:(

Why would they want people to hate Vergil so much? There was nothing to hate! But then again Japanese could care less if Westerners liked him, cause it all depends if they like it first or not. At least that's how I see it. Thank you to telling me this.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't really think the Japanese hate Vergil so much. He's one of the many examples of the badass power hungry villain, that appears in so many anime. If he wasn't popular he wouldn't appear as an extra character in Special Edition, or as a new character in UMvsC3 ;)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The fans wanted Vergil as an extra character. Capcom only intended to release A special Edition on PC in the west. (That's why UBIsoft have got their name on the cover, thanks to them,it was released). Then Sony said they wouldn't release a game with extra content for a lower price than the original sold for. But, if it wasn't for the fans. Like i said, it wouldn't have been released.

Also, it could just be me... but Vergil seems more of a b*stard (sorry) in UMvC3. I can't explain it
(Apparently the world loves a b*stard or so i've heard).

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
A good idea for a Devil May Cry movie would be to first make DMC1 into a movie than DMC3 but have it placed in the future. So it's basically Dante vs Mundus, than vs Vergil.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
from what it sounds vergil isn't the only person who wasn't meant to be loved as much as he was loved
Sephiroth_Dissidia_Artwork.png
and i do not even like final fantasy
Edit : sorry did not know the image would come out that big

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind it, just that you would have to explain some elements of the story to the audience because some parts werent explained in the game.

For example, try to give a flashback scene that explains what happened a year before when Dante and vergil last met. That was never really explained and the manga didnt really help.

Just add some more moments with other characters, give them a chance to shine.

I think vergil is a easier character to sympathize with than sephiroth and easier to redeem.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
I wouldn't mind it, just that you would have to explain some elements of the story to the audience because some parts werent explained in the game.

For example, try to give a flashback scene that explains what happened a year before when Dante and vergil last met. That was never really explained and the manga didnt really help.

Just add some more moments with other characters, give them a chance to shine.

I think vergil is a easier character to sympathize with than sephiroth and easier to redeem.

I could not agree more

I hate sephiroth

As do I

from what it sounds vergil isn't the only person who wasn't meant to be loved as much as he was loved
Sephiroth_Dissidia_Artwork.png
and i do not even like final fantasy
Edit : sorry did not know the image would come out that big

I am not a fan either

Railazel

You know, Darin Rosu said something about this in another thread. I wonder how he would react if he saw this...

ZeroLove

I would LOVE to see Devil May Cry 3 turn CGI movie ala Advent Children. I loved Advent Children, being a Final Fantasy fan as well, and it was stunningly beautiful, the action was awesome and it was a cool story. To see Devil May Cry in the same manner would just be amazing!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Look, I dont want them to give up on live action as i believe it could work but hollywood aint doing me or them justice.
So i would just make it CG and agree with Zweilove.

Best bet would be DMC3 or 1. DMC4/2 are not popular enough but you could always just fix the story of both.

Dante47

A CG film for Devil May Cry would be awesome if all voice actors would be on board. Especially based on DMC 3. Capcom did a canonical CG Resident Evil that took part in the RE game storyline named "Resident Evil: Degeneration". I'm hoping they'll do something like that.

Domenic93

yes i definitely think if there is gonna be a devil may cry movie it needs to be cgi. final fantasy VII advent children is one of my favorite movies of all time, and it needs to be an example of how video game movies should be
I also really like advent children but I just find as someone who's never played 7 but has heard about the epic God-beast with a 7ft long katana that is Sephiroth was that the final fight was underwhelming, but other than that I loved it

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I also really like advent children but I just find as someone who's never played 7 but has heard about the epic God-beast with a 7ft long katana that is Sephiroth was that the final fight was underwhelming, but other than that I loved it
i thought the fight itself was pretty epic, but it ended too quickly. if they were to have drawn out the scene for a little longer i think it would've been perfect.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
i thought the fight itself was pretty epic, but it ended too quickly. if they were to have drawn out the scene for a little longer i think it would've been perfect.

Off topic:p : But on the Blu-ray it has some extra scenes and the fight goes on for a little bit longerXD

In general CG movies> movies with Actors - when concerning a video game. No matter the quality of the movie, in the CG you at least see the characters just like you've learn them to be, not people dressed close (sometimes not even close) to what the game isXD

Dante47

Oh god, don't remind me of the Hitman movie.

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children was excellent, since the game had a more Anime like art style that wouldn't have worked well in real life, CGI seemed like the only logical conclusion. Same thing should apply to Devil May Cry 3. A CGI film could also provide more insight on the characters, or even better choreographed fight scenes.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
I But Arkham, he'd still be just as ugly :)

Sorry, I just had to quote it. xD This prejudice...is the kind that makes me laugh because we know it's true. xD

Although I still think it would be nice to have it made into a 3D movie. Probably add a bit more to it so that it's not exactly a replica of the game. If it had Advent Children Graphics...man I'll never leave the screen. Full HD, swift movements, slicks animation...sweet!

Actually, even a lot of Asians liked Vergil. Everyone I know likes Vergil more than they did Dante. Some like them both equally...-Just has one helluva strong allegiance to Dante is all. The fangirlism on this one is too high!- But yeah, Vergil wasn't exactly detestable at all..he was so cool and his mysterious and cold attitude was backup with why he acts that way...underlying...you could just see it underlying in the game. Tis why he's so hard to hate either way. >.o

Top Bottom