• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CD Projekt RED opens new studio

Dark Drakan

Admin
cdprojektred.jpg
The much loved developers of The Witcher series have recently announced that they have opened a new studio in Krakow, Poland. With the intention of developing two smaller premium quality titles, as they are also hard at work on the highly anticipated Witcher III & Cyberpunk 2077 currently.
Managing director Adam Badowski had the following to say on the announcement...
This July we are opening an office in Krakow. As we informed in our strategy outlook some time ago, aside from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077, the studio aims to develop two smaller (approximately 20h of gameplay) premium quality titles. Consisting of 20 people, the core team in Krakow will be responsible for developing one of these games.
The Witcher 3 is headed to Xbox One as well as PS4 and PC in 2014 & Cyberpunk 2077 doesnt have a release date as of yet.

Love this company. I'm glad to see you're such a big fan of the Witcher series Drakan. 3 looks absolutely amazing.

My only fear is that the open world will get in the way of narrative urgency, the storyline is one my favorite parts of Witcher 2, but if you're going to bet on a team that can pull it off it's CDprojekt Red.

On a side note, Man, if GoT ever decides to really make a game series that lives up to its name, they should hire Cdprojekt Red; I bet they're do a kick ass job.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Love this company. I'm glad to see you're such a big fan of the Witcher series Drakan. 3 looks absolutely amazing.

My only fear is that the open world will get in the way of narrative urgency, the storyline is one my favorite parts of Witcher 2, but if you're going to bet on a team that can pull it off it's CDprojekt Red.

On a side note, Man, if GoT ever decides to really make a game series that lives up to its name, they should hire Cdprojekt Red; I bet they're do a kick ass job.

They are great story writers & I see what your saying about the open world but I think it also gives them more narrative freedom. They dont have to funnel you down a route any more that merely branches in one way or another. Everything will feel like it has much more freedom to it, I also agree with the GoT series being perfect for them.

IncarnatedDemon

So i have freedom to roam the different stages of Witcher 1 world when i am at each stage?

If so that sucks ! I love open world in a rpg :(

Because of that i think i will wait til Witcher 2 is like less than 7 dollars before i buy it.

No open world = sucks.

I am glad Witcher 3 is open world. So good job on making that decision :)

It's not that close ended, it's pretty open world still, I think you'd enjoy it. It's not stages or anything. It just that the story moves in Acts and each Act is a large area where you can do side quests and main story missions.

IncarnatedDemon

It's not that close ended, it's pretty open world still, I think you'd enjoy it. It's not stages or anything. It just that the story moves in Acts and each Act is a large area where you can do side quests and main story missions.
I pictured it to be that. If the stages/acts allow alot of exploration...then i will enjoy it alot.

If not, then i will enjoy the game less.

But i am glad they went open world for #3.

Dark Drakan

Admin

I pictured it to be that. If the stages/acts allow alot of exploration...then i will enjoy it alot.

If not, then i will enjoy the game less.

But i am glad they went open world for #3.

As Oppressed said you have the freedom of each act but you cant travel to & from each city at your will. If you are in a city in the story then you have the freedom of that city & surrounding areas/woodland but cant leave & go to another city as your missions are all centered in that city. It is story based with optional side quests, not like Skyrim where the side quests are better than the main story. The side quests make Skyrim so good, the story makes The Witcher good & the choice paths you have that do have effects on how things play out. For example I have completed The Witcher 2 once & there is still a whole other side of the story I havent even seen due to my choices in that playthrough.

Top Bottom