• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Catherine to be released in EU?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I don't know if anyone has heard anything about this game. The last time i saw an article in a magazine about this game was quite a few months ago, and even then the details were somwhat... lacking.

Does anyone know:
1. What console Catherine will be released on
2. Anychance of an UK/EU release.

Thanks

fon

Crazy Chick
Catherine is being released on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
No news on a release outside of Japan yet, but since it's Atlus, everyone has really high hopes. The game already features a lot of english text too.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sBitch;299029 said:
I don't know if anyone has heard anything about this game. The last time i saw an article in a magazine about this game was quite a few months ago, and even then the details were somwhat... lacking.

Does anyone know:
1. What console Catherine will be released on
2. Anychance of an UK/EU release.

Thanks

The game will be available in Japan on 17th February for PS3 and Xbox 360. If you want to know how the game plays like, you can download the demo now. However, the demo is in Japanese. No differences between both versions, but the box arts are different.

PS3 box art:

catherine-cover-ps3.jpg

Xbox 360 box art:

catherine-cover-xbox-360.jpg

I prefer the PS3 box art, myself.

Atlus usually will localises their hit titles worldwide if the games have good sales. However, chances are when it is releases worldwide, a significant amount of content in the game may be reduced or eliminated due to it's theme. Unless Atlus is smart, they won't do that.

Since the game will be released on Xbox 360, there are high chances the game will be localised. I hope that the game will be released in English. :D

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Damn, i'd love the demo, but i can't download it. :(

Seeing the box art, i'm still very doubtful about it being released in the UK. Perhaps if the country was less PC, then maybe. Plus, do they have leaner age ratings in Japan? Its only rated 15+.

I want this game :(

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sBitch;299049 said:
Damn, i'd love the demo, but i can't download it. :(

Seeing the box art, i'm still very doubtful about it being released in the UK. Perhaps if the country was less PC, then maybe. Plus, do they have leaner age ratings in Japan? Its only rated 15+.

I want this game :(

Atlus can just change the box arts for the game to suit ERSB or PEGI ratings.

The CERO rating for the game in Japan is C, which means that the game is for ages 15 and above. Perhaps this shows that the game itself does not contain much adult themes, except for the some nudity and stuff.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
The PEGI don't really rate games anymore. In the UK it's the BBFC. They can't rate games for toffee. Bayonetta 15? PEGI would've rated it 18 (which is what i thought it should be in places).

Those covers are EPIC...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sBitch;299151 said:
The PEGI don't really rate games anymore. In the UK it's the BBFC. They can't rate games for toffee. Bayonetta 15? PEGI would've rated it 18 (which is what i thought it should be in places).

Those covers are EPIC...

I was torn in between which one I gonna buy due to the covers. :lol: Perhaps I will get the PS3 version because I prefer Catherine than Katherine. :D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Faust;299175 said:
Thank you. It does indeed sound like an intersting game. :D

No problem.

Storm Silves;299176 said:
Wow. Quite unique... This is a must buy for me. ^_^

If you can understand Japanese, then you should buy it. If not, wait for the English release. However, I highly doubt it will be released in English unless the game has good sales and positive response from Japanese critics and players.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I'm all for the meganekko, so the 360 box is the best one imo.

However I only own a PS3...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Do you think fans of Atlus games (or maybe trauma centre games) will go for this just to see what it is like?

This has to be released in the west... if its not... i'll go insane

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sBitch;299208 said:
Do you think fans of Atlus games (or maybe trauma centre games) will go for this just to see what it is like?

This has to be released in the west... if its not... i'll go insane

Possibly, yes. As Catherine is developed by the team that makes Persona 4, and the artwork for the game is designed by Shigenori Soejima, who designed characters in the recent Persona games as well as Trauma Center games.

I hope that the game will be released in the West as well. :D

fon

Crazy Chick
Chaos Master;299178 said:
However, I highly doubt it will be released in English unless the game has good sales and positive response from Japanese critics and players.

According to Famitsu, it's one of the most wanted games over there right now; mainly ranking in the top 3, so I bet sales will be good. The demo was also really fun (I still can't get the gold trophy though, otl) and has one of the most interesting stories i've seen this year.

I...don't really know much about critics, but it's gotten good feedback from players so far. Just for the demo though. Comes out in about 3 weeks, I think? Then we'll see from the reviews.

Top Bottom