• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Catherine Animation Being Lip-Synced To English Localization

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

This past Monday, we reported that Michelle Ruff is playing the role of Katherine McBride, the steady girlfriend of protagonist, Vincent, in Atlus’ upcoming horror-cum-puzzle adventure, Catherine. Ms. Ruff joins Troy Baker and Laura Bailey, rounding out the game’s main cast of Katherine, Vincent and Catherine.

Speaking with Siliconera, Ms. Ruff revealed that manual lip-syncing of the animation appears to be part of Catherine’s localization into English from the original Japanese dub, which is rather significant, given that the game emphasizes believable character interaction and drama.

“I had to match basic timing on scenes but my Katherine’s mouth was being animated to my performance in some of those scenes,” Ms. Ruff revealed to us. “In some of them, she was animated already and I had to sync my performance.”
Atlus have Catherine planned for release sometime this summer on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In the mean time, we’ll have more of our communication with Ms. Ruff to share in the near future.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/23/catherine-animation-being-lip-synced-to-english-localization/

Michelle Ruff as Katherine. Troy Baker as Vincent, and Laura Bailey as Catherine... This will be really good. :D

Glad that Atlus puts effort on lip synching on the English version. I was worried that the game will have a bad lip synch during cutscenes if they just change dubbing and not synchronizing it with the character's lip movement.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Laura Bailey as Catherine? Say whhhaa!?
Michelle Ruff as Katherine? Say whhhaa!?

This...is...awesome....

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
*cough* N00b question time... who is Michelle Ruff?
sorry.

She is known as Carl Clover from BlazBlue games, Crimson Viper from Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Yukari Takeba from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia, Avril Vent Fleur from Wild Arms 5, and many more.

Or if you have watched English dubbing of Bleach, she is famously known as the voice of Rukia.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
She is known as Carl Clover from BlazBlue games, Crimson Viper from Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Yukari Takeba from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia, Avril Vent Fleur from Wild Arms 5, and many more.

Or if you have watched English dubbing of Bleach, she is famously known as the voice of Rukia.
I couldn't of said it better myself.

I'm seriously hyped now....

Top Bottom