• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Castlevania

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Post about it and rate or rant.
Currently playing Curse of Darkness rating 7/10
Hector is underdeveloped and shallow and looks all too simmilar to Soma and Alucard.The boss battles also take no effort unlike in the previous games. Overall though the game will give you at least a week of play time(if try and get everything). the best part of this game is the weapon forging and material collecting, oh and corpsey.

It's been out for a while and if you like DMC your bound to like this. Just play Symphony of the Night or one of the two sorrows(Aria imo is better) and you'll see what i mean.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I only have the two Castlevania for PS2. Yeah I know, I did not get that one with Alucard in PSX, but oh well.
Curse of Darkness is fine. It is true it is not so difficult, but I rather enjoyed it. Plus some guys just won't get stolen:p

And by the way - have you made a sword known as 7 bladed sword? It is the best of the Short Sword type swords. I have made it once, but I lost the file and now no matter what, its requirements won't appear - which means I'm missing something,if yes, please let me know=]

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Yes i've made a 7-bladed sword. it requires

1 Damascus Sword - make from kris naga and damascus steel
6 Short Swords
1 Beelzebub's Seal - Unicorn rarely drops it
1 Dark Crystal - steal from evil core
btw gamefaqs really helps... a lot.

I think its used to make the laser blade or death's scythe or both. The best short sword is the laser blade(better attack)and its right after the 7 bladed sword.Btw did you get a Dragon slayer yet?

I really recommend you play Symphony because imo its the best.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dragon Slayer was easy, but I prefer Muramasa since it feels somehow faster.
And what I was missing is the Belzebull's seal. Cursed Unicorn:p
Laser sword must be the one Isaac has right? I was always sure we're gonna make it when I noticed he uses the same combo as us.
Have you managed to steal from Eefret or what's its name?
I don't think I have ever seen the circle purple:unsure:

Thanks a lot for the help^_^
+rep as a small gratitude^^

I've heard about Symphony of the Night, but unfortunately, even if I find it, I can't find a PSX Memory Card to save my progress..

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
thanks for the rep.

I still haven't made the Muramasa I chose to make the force gloves instead.

Yea Issac uses the laser sword and you have to steal from the Dullahan to get the purple glitter in order to make it. If you missed it you can get in Boss rush mode.

as far as efreet goes..um.. ive only ever seen it when he grabs on to Hector and I shake free before he blows up.

actually here straight from Gamefaqs:

Enemy Name: Efreet Lv.45
HP: 1320
EXP: 576
Weakness: Ice
Tolerance: Fire, Light
Item Drop: Jet Black
Rare Item Drop: Sunnyside Up Egg
Steal: Sun Tears
How to Steal: Get the enemy to low health (100HP or less), but be careful not
to kill him. Eventually he will grab you and try to kill you by suicide.
Shake free and steal before he explodes.

sorry to hear that about symphony.

Is Lament of Innocence any good?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
You can sake free by rotating the left analog stick eh? To be honest after letting him catch me the 1st time, I never did it again. Anyway thanks again^_^

Lament of Innocence is really good. The only annoying thing about it is that you can only change items and use potions during game-play thus you have to keep running an evading if you are in a tight spot and want to replace your health.
You can finish it in less time. It is just a tad harder than Curse of Darkness until Leon learns his final moves - which are taught quite at random times.

As an experience is good though. But the 1st fmv lasts forever:p

Top Bottom