• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom would love a DMC/Bayonetta crossover

Viper

Premium
Sounds interesting, though I'd like it the most as a non-canon crossover just for fun.
The tag-team action would be a really cool addition, though it would require a good friend with interest in the game.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Sounds interesting, though I'd like it the most as a non-canon crossover just for fun.

I wonder how they would make that crossover ...If that crossover would to be canon, most of post Kamiya's DMC characters would disappear since Kamiya denies to acknowledge them, which mean Vergil as we know now, Lady, Nero , Kyrie, etc, would be throw to the trash can.
Hmm, I guess I still prefer DMC as it is now than Kamiya's one, anyway.

Viper

Premium
I wonder how they would make that crossover ...If that crossover would to be canon, most of post Kamiya's DMC characters would disappear since Kamiya denies to acknowledge them, which mean Vergil as we know now, Lady, Nero , Kyrie, etc, would be throw to the trash can.
Hmm, I guess I still prefer DMC as it is now than Kamiya's one, anyway.

If by miracle this game is made under Kamiya's guidance and as you imagined, first and most obvious clash would come in form of Kamiya's Dante not being the one source of this idea prefers. Namely, fans always pictured DMC4 Dante with Bayonetta and he indeed fits her the best. Second would be that a lot of fans adore DMC3 Vergil, so one can't just pretend he doesn't exist. Third, if one could make tag-teams as this developer suggests, then people would most definitely like Nero in the combination for some devil bringer fun.

There'd have to be a lot of pride swallowed for this...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well this would depend if Kamiya would swallow his pride and do a crossover. I mean he got ****ed over pretty badly so I don't know.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well Bayonetta 2 wasn't done with Kamiya and he seems more interested in starting new franchises than continuing them so you could just do it without him in the driving seat.

To be honest we don't really know how he felt about lady or nero so who knows, he might like them.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
It sure is fun to think about, but I think it should stay as a fantasy, maybe if Platinum and Capcom had a little joyful agreement and had Bayo and Dante crossover in a little promo video or something rather than an entire game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't want Capcom touching Bayonetta with pointy stick, considering how they screwed every last of their franchises :/

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't think that's what's going on. People seem to be taking this out of context. No one said it might happen, it was just a capcom employee saying he would like for it to happen, that's all.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't think anybody assumed it gonna happened, but even hypothetically I prefer Capcom hold their distance from Bayonetta D:

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I for one want it to happen....it would be interesting to see how it would play out though...i can see the concern people have but then again if it were to happen i know i wouldn't shy away from it

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't. The two of them are too different in cannon and themes, but besides that they are both separate things and they should remain so. It would be like making a RE/DMC crossover. The two are similar, one was the other at one point, but they are two separate franchises for a reason and as similar as they are they are still two different things, different enough to not be compatible because there are just too many things that keep them from been mixable. It's why DMC isn't an RE game to begin with.

Top Bottom