• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Sales Update: DmC sales up another 100K Sold

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Well, I certainly hope not XD I'd rather get DMC5 or even another reboot (a better reboot). Besides, it wouldn't be the same since another developer is going to work on it instead of Capcom.
I would prefer another DMC also, but if DmC2 is made then they have my money.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Did you play the Deadpool game? It's a hilarious hack 'n slash game. It's combat isn't nearly as deep or complex as DmC's, (never play MGR) but it's still a fun, goofy game.
Deadpool is spot on in that game. A shame the game itself isn't that good. Still as a Deadpool fan I got a kick out of it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hack 'n slash games are kinda niche, so it's nice to see DmC is still selling. Since Devil May Cry is the best when it comes to hack 'n slash. :wink:

This is actually something I've noticed. For hack 'n' slash games, especially the flashy, character-driven kind like DMC and Bayo, sales of games like this tend to trickle in. They don't blast out a huge number of sales right out of the gate, it's always been a steady influx through word-of-mouth and videos that show what fancy stuff can be done.

The rough part is that sales still don't account for as much as they used to, since it's so easy to purchase used copies of games these days, and those aren't counted in sales (obviously). I'm also wondering about digital sales, too, whether those are counted or not.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
The rough part is that sales still don't account for as much as they used to, since it's so easy to purchase used copies of games these days, and those aren't counted in sales (obviously). I'm also wondering about digital sales, too, whether those are counted or not.
Yup, Capcom accounts for digital sales. It was a recent change, Fall or Winter 2014 I believe. Funny too, when they included digital, RE5 shot up into the #1 spot, and DMC 4/3SE got a jolt. (With 3SE finally making the "Plat" list.)

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Seems to me they sealed their fate with games like RE6, DmC and other stuff people were disappointed with.

If Capcom does go under, I hope that they'll allow the license to go to someone else. In my opinion, this is not a game that deserves to die.

Meg

Could you imagine a Watch Dogs and DmC crossover? The main character of WD would be trying to control the demon security cameras (or whatever), and Dante would just walk up to him and slap the smartphone out of his hand.

Top Bottom