• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Responds To Sony Fans Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Capcom executive has issued a formal statement in response to the Sony fans petition and threat to boycott all their products unless they returned DMC 4 to a PS3 Exclusive.

I think the executive has got it spot on... his response was as follows:

Christian Svensson said:
We are certainly moved that people are so passionate about our products that they would go to such extremes. At the same time we feel that allowing more people access to our content pleases far more people than it displeases (after all, we're not denying DMC4 to anyone that was already going to get it). It really is the best decision for the company and for consumers.

Whole article is here: Capcom Responds To Fans Rage - GameSpot

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
I myself find this all bullsh><t. You don't just boycott products because of this. I mean, to be honest I am glad that DMC4 hads gone multi-platform. It gives the whole series a new push on lots of other platforms, and even though the person may have bought a PS3 for this game, surely they would not have bought a PS3 just to buy Devil May Cry 4, and if they did so then they should buy other games for their PS3 and not throw 425 pounds out of the window.

An Xbox360 is way cheaper than a PS3 and they should be proud that it has been released for it, although I am still a little p*ssed that the game is not available for the PS2.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems more people are now embracing the idea and seeing it for the opportunity it is, just seems the fanboys of Sony are the only people who are disliking the choice and to quote Christian Svensson again...

Christian Svensson said:
At the same time we feel that allowing more people access to our content pleases far more people than it displeases (after all, we're not denying DMC4 to anyone that was already going to get it). It really is the best decision for the company and for consumers.

I agree 100%

The dark knight

Bull88it.Greedy bast****!!!!!Go ahead dammit!DMC4 is going downhill.I bet people that dont even own a PS2 wont even know what the hell DMC is!If you bring it to Xbox those dumb**** wont even know what the hell the story is about.(Sorry for the language please excuse me)

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;25267 said:
Bull88it.Greedy bast****!!!!!Go ahead dammit!DMC4 is going downhill.I bet people that dont even own a PS2 wont even know what the hell DMC is!If you bring it to Xbox those dumb**** wont even know what the hell the story is about.(Sorry for the language please excuse me)

People seem to be forgetting the PS2 is the most widely owned console and most Xbox/Xbox 360 owners (like myself) do own a PS2 aswel and do know what DMC is and even though i dont actually own DMC i know the story and all character and bosses and even seen how to beat them all. I personally think DMC 4 could easily be the best selling Devil May Cry to date BECAUSE of this reason and it might even make some Xbox 360 fans buy an old PS2 to play the rest so they can update themselves on the story IF they didnt know it. So thats win win really in my eyes.

Hexadecimal

Queen of Chaos

I don't think they're being greedy, just smart... and I for one am infinitely thrilled that DMC4 will be on the 360... I am in college right now, and as such am not made of money by any means... I managed to scrape up the funds for only one console and I chose the 360, but was saddended that as a result I would be unable to play DMC4 when it came out as my ps2 is the best I can do in that department right now...
I think it's brilliant of them... when you think of the costs involved with the next gen systems, fans shouldn't have to suffer as casualties in the console wars simply becuase they're not made of money...

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
But even so wouldn't it be easier for it to be on lots of consoles? It would give a chance for anyone who doesn't own a PS3, or just can't afford one, to play it on thei PC or Xbox360. An Xbox360 is cheaper than a PS3 and alot of people have a computer at home. So seriously I do not know why these guys are complaining.

Dark Drakan

Admin
KoRn_Dowwg666;25430 said:
But even so wouldn't it be easier for it to be on lots of consoles? It would give a chance for anyone who doesn't own a PS3, or just can't afford one, to play it on thei PC or Xbox360. An Xbox360 is cheaper than a PS3 and alot of people have a computer at home. So seriously I do not know why these guys are complaining.

Yeah i totally agree with you and cant understand it either. Sony fans are just bitter about it showing up on a Microsoft system and class it as distasteful and disrespectful to Sony for doing so... :wacko:

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Dark Drakan;25437 said:
Yeah i totally agree with you and cant understand it either. Sony fans are just bitter about it showing up on a Microsoft system and class it as distasteful and disrespectful to Sony for doing so... :wacko:

Yeah exactly. It just shows ungratefulness. Whichever console it goes on it will still be a big hit. And besides, it is not like it isn't ever coming out for the PS3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
KoRn_Dowwg666;25456 said:
Yeah exactly. It just shows ungratefulness. Whichever console it goes on it will still be a big hit. And besides, it is not like it isn't ever coming out for the PS3.

They should just be glad they had it as an exclusive for so long as a multiplatform release was long overdue.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
I am just annoyed that people say stuff like "OooOOoh I bought a Playstation 3 and then I find out it goes multi-platform and now I am mad."
Well,for a start, nobody would buy a PS3 JUST for this game. If they did they are weird.

DarkHuntersInc

I'm also for DMC4 going multi-platform. First off, this will mean more people can play DMC4 and from what I've seen so far having it exclusive to one console would be criminal!

Also I think Sony did the gamers and developers a great diservice by making the PS3 far to damned expensive and that if it was PS3 exclusive then they would've made more money if they just stuck with PS2. More people own them meaning more people would buy it.

Oh...

First off, DMC4 is starting with a new character, as we already know. So that gives people who aren't familar with the series a starting point where they can learn about the story. And as already stated alot of people have owned PS2s in the past and will have had played either DMC1 2 or 3 and may buy the new game for X-360 or PC.

And the Devil May Cry series has a decent plot, but I wouldn't go onto to say an elaborate and complex one or that 1 and 3 need to be played to understand it, least not when compared to the likes of say Metal Gear Solid. People are not stupid and most gamers will be able to pick up on the overall story rather quickly.

And finally I'd rather buy a 360 than a PS3, because of the price obviously and I also want to play Halo 3 as much as DMC4 which I can't do on a PS3. So it going multi-platform is a great solution for me.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Don't revive old threads. Please read the rules, bumping is not allowed and this thread has been inactive for months.

*Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom