• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom can't survive the next-gen?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

ffrad87.png

I'm really curious what CD Projekt will do with this setting. Can't wait to see some gameplay.

Hideo Kojima says he wants to reboot Silent Hill. I would cry tears of joy if this happens. Silent Hill hasn't had a good game since 3 and I need my Silent Hill to come back.
Silent Hill 4 was pretty decent, except for the annoying weapon system and stuff. The story is pretty much the only thing holding it up.

Let's not even talk about Silent Hill 5....

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Hideo Kojima says he wants to reboot Silent Hill. I would cry tears of joy if this happens. Silent Hill hasn't had a good game since 3 and I need my Silent Hill to come back.

I can agree with this. It's not like the games after 3 were terrible, it's just weren't as strong for me. And I think the problem is they keep changing the characters every time and there's only so many games you can do about someone wandering into a haunted town.

But I think the best ones were 1 to 3 with Harry, James and Heather. If he wants to reboot Silent Hill, I'm for it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
With them now talking about yet another reboot for Resident evil, this wouldn't surprise me. There are only so many times that you can 'refresh' a franchise.

Capcom? Try Sega... They need a miracle title fast.

I'm surprised they're still going even now, especially when they lost so much money over the Dreamcast.

Their idea to reboot resident evil basically translates to "we messed up"
however I don't trust them, they said Resident Evil 6 will go back to its roots, I guess putting zombies in a gears of war styled game counts as 'back to its roots game' to capcom. Oh well revelations will always be Resident Evil 6 to me.

Wouldn't need a reboot if Capcom stuck to what made Resident evil so great.

m100t8s

No, but it was obvious. If it was in-game footage, camera would stay still.
Its like DMC4 cutscenes. It uses gameplay engine, but it also polished as a CGI later.

The footage was not CGI
It really wasn't..

The Asian guy (I don't remember his name at the momment) confirmed on the PlayStation Meeting that Deep Down IS running on the PlayStation 4 hardware. Which confirms that it was a Real-time footage and not a Pre-rendered CGI movie.

Also, Here's a video from Square Enix's new engine (FF tech demo) And it was confirmed by them that the video was a Real-time footage, The graphics are just as realistic as Deep Down's graphics.

Also, Here's a source that Deep Down and SE's new game footages are all Real-time footages.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/21/plays...o-driveclub-deep-down-and-watch-dogs-3507351/

Another source, Watch the PS meeting again.

That's kinda a good thing, Can't wait till I play Deep Down on the PS4.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
The footage was not CGI
It really wasn't..

The Asian guy (I don't remember his name at the momment) confirmed on the PlayStation Meeting that Deep Down IS running on the PlayStation 4 hardware. Which confirms that it was a Real-time footage and not a Pre-rendered CGI movie.

Also, Here's a video from Square Enix's new engine (FF tech demo) And it was confirmed by them that the video was a Real-time footage, The graphics are just as realistic as Deep Down's graphics.

Also, Here's a source that Deep Down and SE's new game footages are all Real-time footages.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/21/plays...o-driveclub-deep-down-and-watch-dogs-3507351/

Another source, Watch the PS meeting again.

That's kinda a good thing, Can't wait till I play Deep Down on the PS4.
The thing is, we've seen that last year :/ I just hope that old dude (name escapes me) at the end of it was talking about Final Fantasy Versus 13/15 when he said "Be excited for E3"
Otherwise I'm going to kill someone...or just be like "What's Lightning doing THIS TIME?!"

MedicoreR

The footage was not CGI
Which confirms that it was a Real-time footage and not a Pre-rendered CGI movie.
Got you.
I couldnt tell what i mean.I needed to say some of those footages are not ''in-game''. They are cutscenes.
Those footages are in-game polished cutscenes. Just like DmC's 60fps rendered cutscenes. They made on in-game models but they are rendered.

For example:

Look how its detailed: the hair, the eye, motions, the lightining shines on the face..Same goes with RE6 cutscenes.
But in real gameplay, they are not that detailed.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I honestly don't think Capcom will last for (godwilling) the PS5. Their fanbase is too divided for them to make a game for everyone to like.

tokyobarnrat

starships were meant to fly
hey guys I found a demo of what Capcom's gonna do for the next gen consoles

tumblr_milmr5IJK91rm57tao1_r1_500.gif

anyway if you guys have been watching Capcom's latest acquisitions like I have, they've been focusing less and less on game production and more and more on acquiring things like phone companies and other media.
they're just trying to make money whatever way they can because they know their end is coming if they can't keep up with video games.

m100t8s

hey guys I found a demo of what Capcom's gonna do for the next gen consoles

tumblr_milmr5IJK91rm57tao1_r1_500.gif

anyway if you guys have been watching Capcom's latest acquisitions like I have, they've been focusing less and less on game production and more and more on acquiring things like phone companies and other media.
they're just trying to make money whatever way they can because they know their end is coming if they can't keep up with video games.

IIRC Capcom is one of biggest Japanese companies out there. It's really a Japanese version of EA.

Capcom can last very long, my friend.
If a video game Japanese company might get bankrupt it'll be either SEGA or Konami.

tokyobarnrat

starships were meant to fly
IIRC Capcom is one of biggest Japanese companies out there. It's really a Japanese version of EA.

Capcom can last very long, my friend.
If a video game Japanese company might get bankrupt it'll be either SEGA or Konami.

I wasn't saying Capcom would disappear.
I'm just saying if they can't keep up they'll move to something else.
I hear they have a nice business in pachinko.

Top Bottom