• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom: “We Were Surprised At The Reaction DmC Received”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip91qU3KgpU&feature=player_embedded#at=809

This guy expresses exactly what most DMC fans are feeling right now.

haha I subbed to event a few weeks ago after he started ranting about Ninja Theory. Even though I didn't agree with him you have to admire how good he is at what he does. Not because he is a hot chick, not because he is funny or that he uses clever video editing techniques just because he is bloody good at ranting and making points.

demonshalo74

Look it's got wings
I was in toys r us the other day and you can get oddessy for 20.00 new. Which caused me to remember that nt was doing dmc (which i was trying to forget) and it give me a really bad feeling we might be in trouble. On the bright side wait 6 months and we can get dmc cheap :). I agree it's time for an update anything would be nice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I did watch the video and even't though his views are mine, the dudes right. Capcom has no idea what to do with the series and to be honest , they never did.

asdfen

wow. That is a royal screw up if I have ever seen one. The series has been around almost as long as doom/quake/prince of Persia and they decide to take the premise and change it to something beyond anyones recognition. Reminds me of direction Final Fantasy games have been heading for the last few titles slowly killing off old fan base.

Also isnt there consistency with anime to consider when they trying to do this sort of change.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
wow. That is a royal screw up if I have ever seen one. The series has been around almost as long as doom/quake/prince of Persia and they decide to take the premise and change it to something beyond anyone's recognition. Reminds me of direction Final Fantasy games have been heading for the last few titles slowly killing off old fan base.

Also isn't there consistency with anime to consider when they trying to do this sort of change.

I have to disagree with you on prince of Persia and final fantasy changing beyond recognition the same way DmC did because those series allow for change and reinvention more than DMC does.
I think the fact DMC didn't have constinency is a good enough reason to do a reboot.

asdfen

I didnt mean that either FF or PoP changed in premise.
The only thing I have stated was that FF is slowly making changes that affect it in a way that quiet a few loyal "oldshool" fans dislike.
In my opinion the premise hasnt changes in PoP since its inception almost 20 years ago what ubisoft briliantly did is gave the game "facelift" everything else remained constant. I mean there Arabic styles castles, ****ty combat, princess and a lot of platforming. Also prince at least since PoP Sands of Time hasnt undergone facial surgery to be beyond recognition.

The "mad" and undergone facial surgery Dante battling some sort of puppets instead of demons is however a bit of change.

Although maybe within the actual ingame it wont be the same. At least so I hope.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i get your point but i thought the declining fanbase of FF could be attributed to a percieve lack of quality missing in newer titles by square enix.
i do hope that DmC works out because it could be the much needed direction that Devil may cry needs in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom