• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cancelled Megaman reboot

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
This could have been pretty damn cool if more time had been spent on it. As a mega man fan myself, I would hope they would at least try to retain the classical feel along with the new gameplay style. Sadly, since its not in production, I guess we'll never actually find out. There would be people who would enjoy it, and there would be people who hate it because its "not a classic" or "its not megaman anymore". Personally, I believe new directions can be a gamble, and only time will tell if it is successful......or it becomes another Daikatana.......

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
That was not the point. The point was to have a source of proof to back up a statement. Stylish Nero and I ended that discussion though, so no need to start it again.

However, to answer your question, I do believe the new Tomb Raider was very well recieved amongst fans, even if the game is nothing like its predecessors.

Sources aren't the end all be all of information, sometimes just using that bit of common sense makes all the difference especially helpful is knowing what fanbases react to and what they don't.

Tomb Raider was well received? I've heard it's a mixed bag of reactions to be honest, some like it and some don't. I know several old Tomb Raider fans who have reactions ranging from finding the game to be boring to Other M levels of insulting.

Having played a bit of it myself? I find it somewhere inbetween.

ZeroLove

Sources aren't the end all be all of information, sometimes just using that bit of common sense makes all the difference especially helpful is knowing what fanbases react to and what they don't.

Tomb Raider was well received? I've heard it's a mixed bag of reactions to be honest, some like it and some don't. I know several old Tomb Raider fans who have reactions ranging from finding the game to be boring to Other M levels of insulting.

Having played a bit of it myself? I find it somewhere inbetween.

You're right, not all sources are correct or even believable, but at least it provides us with some info that is not solely based on one man's perception, view or opinion about something. Speaking on behalf of a whole fanbase is what I would call an unreliable source.

Enough of that though, it's a closed chapter now.

I guess it is like that in general then, that the reception of reboots is a mixed bag of emotions and opinions from the fanbases. Like with DmC, the louder crowd is indeed the nay-sayers, but it's generally like that, however, I've met alot of positive yay-sayers about DmC in this forum which seems to outweigh the nay-sayers. I guess they moved elsewhere, not being able to accept that there are people who actually like DmC, but that's up to them.

As a fan of storytelling in games, I thought Tomb Raider was excellent in that department. However, I do miss the dual-wielding gunslinger vixen we know from previous games. I hope she will be more like that in the sequal, should one be made.

Anyways, back to Megaman. Though I am no fan of first-person shooters, I thought the artstyle and the fast-paced action, not to mention the darker and grittier feel of this cancelled reboot was simply perfect! Megaman X and Megaman Zero are both series with a rather darker tone of storyline, compared to the original Megaman series and the newer games like Battle Network and ZX. The potential for a darker, more serious and mature series is there. And I would have loved to have seen it. Oh, if only they had a concept art or SOMETHING which showed Zero's new design...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
To be fair, i don't think it would have gone over well with alot of people so canned or not people would have been ****ed off about this as a Megaman game.

What ****es ME off though is that it actually looks FUN, or at least it could have been potentially fun with some polish, variance and given some more depth. Instead of canning it, i would have said rebrand the entire game to be a non-megaman themed game and sell it for the Metroid Prime-esque experience it could have been.

I mean, lord knows the Metroid series isn't exactly in good shape either.

Metroid was doing fine until Other M. Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion were amazing, and so was Zero Mission. And as a game Other M is fun, but the fact that the director insisted on Wiimote only controls, saw problems with HIS OWN DESIGN and still wanted to keep it because it was HIS, and relegated Team Ninja to the programming only made the game suffer.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I guess what Capcom said about wanting to celebrate Megamans 50th Anniversary is by celebrating another 25 years of canceled games.

Top Bottom