• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can you guy list the similar traits between DmC Dante and DMC3 Dante?

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
-cocky
-mouth off to their enemies
-tormented pasts
-the memory loss background was something in DmC and the first novel of the original franchise (which is only dubiously canon now)
-Sons of Sparda
-witnessed the death of their mother Eva which obviously effected both deeply
-kill demons

A lot of the similarities are fairly superficial. When closely examined they are different characters with different experiences who express themselves in different ways. And that's intentional on Ninja Theory's part, of course.

Goldsickle

They both are presented as uncaring people who slowly show concern for others or taking responsibility.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
They both start off as these cocky young guys, who don't really give a flying f@$k about anyone or anything, who, though they never really stop being smart mouths, do become more caring people after a journey involving their twin brothers, and interactions with a young girl.

Imo, they're also the only versions of Dante to go through any character development

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
-Both have seen their mom die right before their eyes.
-Both grew up with a rough background that involved demons
-Both live very edgy lifestyles of drinking, partying, and banging hot chicks
-Both have a thing for wearing whatever's around.
-Both have had their lives shifted because of their brother and a young girl to remind them of what's important.
-Both have mixed feelings about their father.
-Both use puns and witty humor to hide their inner pain and emotional turmoil.
-Both love their mother more then their father.
-Both have probably never gone to school.
-Both have had their lives ruined by demons

Viper

Premium
@wallenb it's never been shown but he probably has had sex before.
That's... not really a proof of the claim that he is banging hot chicks.
He flirts, might have done it once or twice, but there is no proof of it being a frequent thing like the more recent version, in fact according to the manga since the young age he had a reputation among prostitutes as someone best avoided for safety reasons, the first novel had him outright refuse a woman's advance while hinting he might be into the ideal of a homely girl. Other versions didn't really have him interact with women in way that would provide insight, they were either taken or other stuff came between.

Reactions: Gel

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Viper Fair Enough.

I think Dante's vices do tend to get overplayed in fanon so thats why its easier to assume that he has rather than he hasn't.

Solar the rabbit

I like how more people are replying months after I made this thread. But it cool to see how people see both character. So I'll add to the thread and put the biggest one down.

THEY BOTH START OFF AS GIANT ASS****S!

DMC3 Dante being a bigger jerk than DmC Dante. Despite what people will say.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroOfTime

I like how more people are replying months after I made this thread. But it cool to see how people see both character. So I'll add to the thread and put the biggest one down.

THEY BOTH START OFF AS GIANT ASSHOLES!

Lol what? No no no Dante in 3 is not a jerk or ass**** he's just not into girls who shot at him for no reason lol

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil

THEY BOTH START OFF AS GIANT ASS****S!

Can't believe we didn't catch this one for all these months.

That's one warning for language.

Lol what? No no no Dante in 3 is not a jerk or ass**** he's just not into girls who shot at him for no reason lol
I'm assuming neither of you read the rules on language so I'm letting both of you slip with verbal warnings but keep it TVPG.

Top Bottom