• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

can we have a re-introduction part.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
instead of having everyone posting their return on introduction, can we not just have a re-introduction, for those who have come back on after time away?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Don't you think that this would be a bit too much?
First of all not every person who "leaves" for sometime feels that he or she should create a new topic featuring his or her return. And even if they did, the replies on this topic are phrases like "Welcome Back^^" and other things like that. Pretty similar to the replies that someone gets when he or she introduces himself or herself in the forum. Of course there is a difference. That is why similar threads (made by people who returned) that sometimes are posted in the "General Discussion" Forum, instead of the "Introduction Forum" are not moved. Because they are more "General" threads. (At least that's how I view it). The ones made in the "Introduction Forum" are also not moved since it's a place where it's easier for welcoming replies to made, but that is it.

To sum it up, I don't think this particular issue is as important that it would need its own personal forum, but if the higher ups disagree, then why not have one anyway. I just find it too "extra trouble":p

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
It's not a bad idea at all, LordOfDarkness. +rep However, I'm not sure a whole not new forum is necessary just for people to re-introduce themselves. It might be a better idea to just adjust the current description of the Introductions forum to something that would also encompass people whom are coming back after a break.

However, if we do implement something like this, I'll be sure to give you full credit for the idea. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
As its not a daily occurrence and doesnt happen 'that' often i think the re-introductions would be better suited for the General Discussion area.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think Steve's idea was best. Just add some lines that show that members are allowed to re-introduce themselves if they've gone missing some time, in the description of the Introduction Forum. This way the request is partially granted.

After all it's kinda weird opening a whole forum for one type of posts (which is also a rare type) when Forums more important like the Anime/PSP/DMC2 Forums get few attention at all.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
devilmaycry;72474 said:
It's not a bad idea at all, LordOfDarkness. +rep However, I'm not sure a whole not new forum is necessary just for people to re-introduce themselves. It might be a better idea to just adjust the current description of the Introductions forum to something that would also encompass people whom are coming back after a break.

However, if we do implement something like this, I'll be sure to give you full credit for the idea. :)

Hey thanks for liking the idea devilmaycry :)

Top Bottom