• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can people please consider what they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
About the new DmC, I like it how people try to make others not hype about it that much and so, but I've noticed one thing; Why are you stating your opinion as fact?

Seriously, this has been bugging me for quite a while. Of course it came alot of people who whined about the new DmC or start to flame with arguments, but I can't how this; "We SHOULD wait and see how the game looks like, just as Capcom themselves said!" or; "It's just a videogame, stop act all childish about it".
I can't overlook how strongly opinion-based those statements are. Why did I write opinion in italic? For it to be noticed alot easier so people won't get mad at me because they haven't fully read and because of that not understand what I want to get to.

Anyways, those opinion-based statements are not better than "This destroyed DMC!" or "Dante looks EMO! This is disgusting!". Why do you ask? Because they are opinion-based, but the way some of you state it out is more like this:
"People, it is just a videogame, stop acting all childish about it."

Some surely can't see what's wrong with this sentence? I'll point out what I think, by highligting the stuff.
Orange = statement
Green = insult
"People, it is just a videogame, stop acting all childish about it."

Alright, this is just part of the whole message, but the rest says something along these lines: "We should wait and see what Capcom has in store for us. Who knows? The gameplay might be really good and maybe the plot will be fantastic."

Here it is in recolor:
"We should wait and see what Capcom has in store for us. Who knows? The gameplay might be really good and maybe the plot will be fantastic."

Another statement!
Then why don't they listen to the last part then? I mean, the gameplay might be the best and the plot might be legendary, why wouldn't they?
I could tell you straight away why: opinion
Most wanted Devil May Cry and got this. For some it just won't be Devil May Cry and they can't come to accept this, since they wanted Devil May Cry, not another awesome new game with the same title. They may get a feeling that Capcom will leave the original series all out cold and all the wait was in vain.

But it is just a videogame, right? No! Everything could be "Just a...". Why? Opinion, as I even colored the part as. Don't say what you think as a statement/fact, and do absolutely not throw in an insult directly afterwards.

That's what I got to say. Now I know some people might be ****ed about the all the rampart going on about DmC but if you go around saying this to people you are not better and in no way, I repeat, no way contributing.

Find another way to say it outright, but if people whine and don't flame, let them whine. If they flame and start arguing, just tell them to calm down. If anyone is trolling or won't stop, report them.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Aka, I sort of see what your saying, and good for you. But I wish people would just do what I do and don't read the crap. It's all just peoples opinions and ranting. I have my opinions but who cares about what I think? I might have a constructive conversation with friends, but I'm just not interested in people ranting, especially like you say at this early stage.

*spreads peace and love* ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;276422 said:
Aka, I sort of see what your saying, and good for you. But I wish people would just do what I do and don't read the crap. It's all just peoples opinions and ranting. I have my opinions but who cares about what I think? I might have a constructive conversation with friends, but I'm just not interested in people ranting, especially like you say at this early stage.

*spreads peace and love* ^_^

Sure thing. But the people surely wants to discuss about it too but they can't avoid getting their thread meant for those who like it filled with people who flame it instead. That's wrong from both sides, since this is an open forum, everyone is allowed to discuss. People will rant, and they will argue, it's part of the forum.

But seriously, don't go pummel someone else's opinion with your (in general, not you Ebony. :p) own. Good intentions or not, it will do no good.
To be able to work together is a two-way conduit, don't expect just one side to behave according to your (still in general, not you Ebony. :p) opinion. It's for the best to try to keep it civilised and if there is a crash of opinions, keep stuff general and outside of the subject. Such as: "Hey! Calm down! Let's act a little more cool, this is getting overheated.".

*Continues spreading peace and love* ^_^

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Lol thanks for the.....

(in general, not you Ebony. )

I'm getting out of here now 'cuz I'm totally contradicting myself by posting in here anyway!

*peace and love*

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hinting at anyone in particular?

I admit, some of the stuff I've said is wrong, but the announcement did rub ppl the wrong way.
I think they feel they've been shortchanged over a series they love.
I'm getting sick of hearing the same thing.
I'm trying to stay out of that part of the forum, or have little opinion just incase i say the wrong thing.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Think the point has been made in other threads, dont need every member making a thread like this and you have also made your point. So as no more good can come from this thread... Lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom